User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,

I'm pretty new to this forum so let me introduce myself. My name is Paul Roberts and I run Cheater.com. Currently my "ad agency" is BurstMedia and by just reading the threads I can see that they are in no way the best, and from experience I know I'm not getting as much $$ as many other networks.

Can anyone give me some advice on who is still in business and accepting applications? I am a member of Flycast but I have yet to use them, anyone know of they're "real life" CPM rates?

Thanks in advance,
    Paul Roberts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to SPF, Paul!

I also use Burst! Media and things have been up and down in recent months. There really isn't a good agency right now... sorry to say. Fastclick.com is good, but I heard they aren't accepting new sites anymore. You could at least try. And regarding Flycast/Engage, they are liable to go out of business anytime: they just fired 50% of their staff.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which fastfood place has great service? NO OF THEM

the same answer applies to ur question.

good management foresees changes in their market, but it doesn't appear any of the ad networks have that type of management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul,

I'm amazed that you were accepted into Flycast at this stage since they, like most other CPM networks, have far too much inventory on hand. many sites are serving over 50% default ads through them.

Burst! is a good agency, and has always provided its members with quality service. I certainly wouldn't go with them on an exclusive basis, though, since they, too are serving very high levels of default ads (even if you accept all of their CPC advertisers, as well as CPM).

The strategy that I personally use is hosting Flycast/Engage's rich media code, and use Burst! as my default ad server. Flycast attracts good rates from its advertisers, but when those ads aren't available, Burst! ads are shown, ensuring that you maximise your inventory.

On a side note, Flycast has recently cut its commission rates for some sites from 60% to 40%. You should find out which group you're in before committing to them.

Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!