SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know there is a simple Java script that will print the entire page, or one that will print from an external source, but can someone tell me where, if there is one, I can find a Print Javascript to print from a section of the page?

I hope you all know what I mean, and I hope someone can direct me to a solution, thanks!
    Andrew Tatum
    FinHeaven & Co - Get Drenched With Finformation
    The FinHeaven & Co Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ,

Try posting this in Web Design and Beginner's Corner as well as here.

I know there's a javascript to do it, but my last javascript lesson was about a year ago, and so i forget how to do this.

Anyone else? Post comments here, please.
    Sean Killeen [LinkedIn] [Twitter] [Web]

Warning: Reality.sys corrupted. Universe halted. Reboot? (Y/N)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not totlaly sure how if there is a function to print just one section on a webpage, but you find please let me know. But what I can think of is a methode of doing this with out having a specific function.

By speerating your page in to a few sections using layers, that have external sources, and some server side parssing you could createa a page that has your whole layout in layers, and witha little print button for each section there, and when that corrisponding button has been clicked you can have it print only that source that was created for that section of your page.

If I get some time I will try to build a demo on what I am saying so youc an see it easier. Have any questions on how to do this, just email me, and I will be glad to help you with your paticular situation.