User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting the page to reload on clicking of a javascript alert

Hello,

I have a text field which gets its value from a javascript calculator. This text field shows the total value so I do not want the user to edit it.

At the moment I have an onchange event which gives an alert when the user changes the value. What I want is for the page to reload once the alert has been pressed.

The Code for the onchange functions is nothing special but I am unsure how to get the page to load:

function stopit() {
    alert("Error\nYou tried to change the total value. This form must now reload");
    }

Any ideas

K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why not just use HTML so that the user cannot edit the result value, like so:
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="result" readonly="readonly" />
    The readonly attribute will let the user copy the text in the box, but he can't alter the value. This also has the pleasant side effect of working even when Javascript is turned off.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this would be ideal.
    Unfortunately though, this form is in a lotus notes page and when you add values like readonly and disabled, notes does not stored it in the database...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The disabled attribute is the only one that shouldn't be sent when submitting a form. Readonly should be sent over when a form is POSTed, so either Lotus is violating the HTTP spec or you have only tried it with disabled.