User Tag List

Thread: CBE Strangeness

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CBE Strangeness

Well, I was running CBE menu 9 on this rather strange web site, and for some reason, I decided to update my CBE files. I don't know exactly what I was thinking since I wasn't having any problems, but now I am! The menu doesn't collapse now (the boxes stay out) and after glancing at the example page on crossbrowser.com, I noticed that it does the same thing. I take responsibility for screwing my site up since I wasn't having any problems. I thought about switching to Xmenu 2, but, stupid as it sounds, I'm a bit confused since there are several menus floating around and I really just want one at the top.

What I want to know is if there's any way to resolve the problem with the menu I'm running now or if someone could help me sort through menu 2...even though I can't quite explain what my problem with it is. I'd just reinstall the old files, but I don't seem to have them now. (grumble) To be perfectly honest, I'm not really good at coding or anything.

Thanks in advance!

I'll take mine raw silver trophy MikeFoster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Astrik, welcome to SitePoint Forums!

Obviously I have some problems with CBE v5. Thanks for trying it! I needed the bug report - I'll look into it. Meanwhile, I've provided a link to the previous version of CBE, in the Downloads section.

Yes, soon I need to reorganize my menus.

If you don't need cascading submenus, then xMenu2 would be a good choice - cbeMenu9 is much more complicated, but does support cascading submenus. xMenu4 is my latest cascading menu. It's not quite perfect, but working pretty well

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, well, glad to help testing. I just wish I had been thinking at the time. Thanks for the download. Everything's fine again.

I don't need cascading submenus, so I'll poke around with menu 2 this weekend. I think I finally get it.