User Tag List

Thread: SPFs banners...

Hybrid View

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If everyone that visited these forums on a dialy basis was to click the banner at least once a day, would that make more money for the Sitepoint network?

Would it be worth us doing so, if it meant Sitepoint could spend more money bettering the network?

What are your thoughts folks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to figure out what you want. LOL!

When I was a kid, whenever my friend and I wanted something, we would start telling his mom how pretty she looked that day, etc. It was kind of a running joke, and she new we were about to ask for something.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

mouse monkey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

That wouldn't make SitePoint any money directly because I am pretty sure they only have CPM advertising (so the advertisers pays a set free to be dispalyed **** times). But I suppose you are making them more money indirectly because it would increase the clickthrough percentage and so more advertisers would probably like to advertise on SitePoint.

You can find more about SitePoints advertising @ http://www.sitepoint.com/mediakit/

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, not everyone wants something from SP. I just thought it'd help us all out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure SP would like it if everybody did that, but it wouldn't increase their revenue because, as Fletch said, it is CPM, not CPC advertising.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it were my site, I wouldn't want people clicking just to click, I'd want them clicking because they were interested in a product or service. In the long run, I'm sure it would backfire. Random clicking doesn't do the advertiser any good, since they wouldn't be getting any real results from the clicks. Eventually, they wouldn't advertise here anymore. It's best to let things run their course. That way, the companies whose ads do well here would advertise here, and pay more (hopefully) since they know they're getting results.
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SitePoint provides targetted advertising which provides something a Webmaster might wish to use. While we do encourage you to click on the ads to increase their attractiveness to prospective advertisers, we employ CPM advertising with various levels of exposure and costs.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by KeithMcL
    Jim, not everyone wants something from SP. I just thought it'd help us all out.
    I was joking. Hence the "LOL!" and the story it reminded me of.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums