SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I consider myself to be one of the best when it comes to marketing an entertainment site. I can someone find ways to market the site to the unmarketable areas, but I can't seem to get that stupid big site to give me any kind of respect. I can get hundreds of little sites to link up to me and give me a little shout out here and there, but I can't get the big sites to notice me... until now... I got about.com to list me in two different areas of the site and it looks like I'm going to get a third and fourth section on the site. That's great news for me, but I want more now. I want to find more big sites and I want to find more that will believe in my site now and watch it grow. The site is poised for growth, but I need a little help.

So, if there are any big sites out there, please check out http://www.jigga.com, I'd love to work out some sort of partnership with you.

As for my major question for everyone else, what in the world can I do to get to this big site. How can I better market myself to be in a position to get to the big sites so that they'll link to me. I know that if I get one big fish, my site is set. I know that we can get the users to signup and more users mean that they'll refer more people and we'll have even more users. So, I'm trying to jump over the small site marketing step and just go big fast. Is it possible? I'm sure it is, I just have to find the right combination of things, any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jigga:

I like the site. I know this isn't something you've asked for, but I'd like to offer you a suggestion that could help build more traffic for jigga.com...

I read all of the top jokes listed on the front of the site, and I enjoyed one in particular--a joke I thought my brother would like. However, you have no "e-mail this joke to a friend" button on your joke pages. To my mind, that's a missed opportunity I believe you should be taking advantage of. Every joke sent to a friend via e-mail could easily lead to adding more jiggazens!

Also, if you get a chance, check out this full length eBook:

http://www.ideavirus.com

It's terrific. The book itself is simultaneously for sale in print AND is being given away for free on the Web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i am taking a different approach and trying to find the small - medium sites that have potential to make it bigger than me

so far i have been successful on 4 occassions - with the small sites i link with increasing their traffic 5 - 10 fold on their own merits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that I forgot the old mail the joke to a friend thing. MAN! STUPID!

But the smaller sites, I've tried linking to them and helping them increase their traffic, but I've noticed a lot of webmasters are just that, webmasters, and have no marketing skills. Some of these sites will never be anything bigger than they are now and some won't make it a year or two. So, I'm trying to target the more established sites, since I already know that my site will be big at some point, I just don't know exactly when. I know a lot of other webmasters think that too, but they are just dillusional, because they have no real marketing strategy, but I've developed mine and refined it over and over again.