SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to accept bank transfers?

I am currently using PayPal to accept money for my software sales. However, I am now getting a lot of customers who are from Europe, and they seem to really like bank transfers. (they email me and tell me that this is the only way they can/will pay)

Can anyone recommend a company or service that can do this for me? I don't know anything about how this works...

thanks!

SitePoint Columnist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two that I know of that handle bank transfers as well as online credit card processing are www.verisign.com via their PayFlow services and also http://www.worldpay.com/ which The Economist uses for their online site.

I have only personally had experience with PayFlow.

Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know of anything that is cheaper? ie: A service that just takes a small % from the total transaction amount, etc... like paysystems, paypal, 2checkout, etc...?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on how much your sale is, you might want to consider doing wire transfers. It would cost your customer money to initiated, and will probably cost you $10-15 to receive.

Otherwise, if you're thinking of ACH. That most likely would not be an option for you.

Richard