SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne, I think you took what we said completely the wrong way. We were just disappointed (for lack of a better word) that it was never brought up until this thread that all the smiles would be property of SitePoint. That's it. I think I speak for everyone when we say that we're overjoyed that you made time to sponsor a contest like this!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the contests I've entered (home brewed beer competitions mainly) it is pretty standard that all entries become property of such and such competition. The main reason being that if a copyright violation situation came about, the company or group hosting the competition is more likely to be better equipped to handle that issue than the idividual. I think the property statement just should have been better expressed beforehand. That would have avoided all of this ugliness. I almost entered this one with my quite limited graphic abilities, but ran out of free time. I certainly appreciate Wayne giving his free time to these forums.
    --Bill
    Lake Superior Smokin' Brews Make It Different: Brew Your Own!
    L'Etoile du Nord Web Development Providing Real Direction in a Virtual World
    MSN IM: smokinbrews-AT-hotmail-DOT-com
    Brewin', Vintin' & Smokin' Forums Moderator