SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, is it possible to add a power point presentation to a web site? If so, how do I go about doing this?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you link to it, and the visitor has the Office viewer installed, then they'll be able to see it. If you want to be even more completely uncompatible, you can put it in an <iframe>.

Hope this helps..

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PowerPoint itself as a Save as HTML function which will export the presentation as a series of pages and image files linked together. Of course that way you'll lose all the animation etc but it's guaranteed to work cross browser.

It will open in IE if you link to it, so long as office is installed, as qslack said.

When I've done this in the past, i've used both methods, and a browser detection script to direct them to the images if they're using NetScape and to the actual presentation if they're using IE.

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is also a third option. Real.com makes a product that will convert Power Point Presentations into streaming Real media. IMHO, its your best bet for meeting compatibility and still keeping animation, sound, and etc...

Look around at Real.com for RealPresenter. I believe it's free for 30 days and $60 U.S. to purchase.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com