User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Coolk Da Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site

Hi

Just putting the finishing touches on a site which we have published on a staging server: www.sortedsites.com/demos/tediva

When I view the site on an XP Pro Machine I get the following error periodically as I browse the site:

"Internet Explorer Could not Open the Internet Site."
    http://www.sortedsites.com/tediva/<pagename>.asp
    Operation aborted

I check the HTML source and I discover, that sometimes not all of the HTML code has been sent to the browser, other times it has.

The page loads a config.asp (admin/config.asp) file to load in the sitewide variables I wonder if this could be causing the problem, but I see nothing wrong...

There doesn't appear to be JavaScript Error but as the error only occurs under XP, I'm convinced it must be client side problem, this seemed like the most relevant place to post my question.

The problem does not occur under Windows 2000, IE 6.0 or Netscape 7.0

Any ideas what the matter could be?

Thanks..

PS: Please forgive broken image links we are waiting to upload photos to the database.
    Karl Snares
    Lead Programmer
    www.sortedsites.com
    www.sortedsites.info

I'll take mine raw silver trophy MikeFoster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not getting the problem, but one suggestion...

There are script elements 'before' the doctype. Move those into the HEAD.

SitePoint Enthusiast Coolk Da Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have discovered the Issue happens on Windows 2000 running IE5

I am really stumped!

thanks in advance

ck
    Karl Snares
    Lead Programmer
    www.sortedsites.com
    www.sortedsites.info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ,

Can any one help me for my query ...?

im frequently getting comments my site is not opening in browsers if typed the url as
    www.sitename.com whereas same time users typed as http://sitename.com site is opening fine.

my argument is lot of people not aware without typing www. any site opens normally.
    so if any one type www. my site name means im loosing my visitors.

this site is developed by php coding.

i also notice while some where my site opening and some where not opening as users typing url as www. same time if i suggest them to type http:// they replied me site opening fine then.

any solution from you friends........ plz help me.
    Syber Boy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any answer?

Hi

I have the same problem - I get "For Internet Explorer Could not Open the Internet Site" when I hit the back button - asp.net app?

Did you find an answer to this issue?

Thanks
    Saul

Quote Originally Posted by Coolk Da Man
    Hi

Just putting the finishing touches on a site which we have published on a staging server: www.sortedsites.com/demos/tediva

When I view the site on an XP Pro Machine I get the following error periodically as I browse the site:

"Internet Explorer Could not Open the Internet Site."
    http://www.sortedsites.com/tediva/<pagename>.asp
    Operation aborted

I check the HTML source and I discover, that sometimes not all of the HTML code has been sent to the browser, other times it has.

The page loads a config.asp (admin/config.asp) file to load in the sitewide variables I wonder if this could be causing the problem, but I see nothing wrong...

There doesn't appear to be JavaScript Error but as the error only occurs under XP, I'm convinced it must be client side problem, this seemed like the most relevant place to post my question.

The problem does not occur under Windows 2000, IE 6.0 or Netscape 7.0

Any ideas what the matter could be?

Thanks..

PS: Please forgive broken image links we are waiting to upload photos to the database.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site <address> The connection with the server was reset

Hi has anyone seen the following problem..

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site <address> The connection with the server was reset.

All I have done is setup Apache, PHP and MySQL on a win2k machine(IE 5), and I get the above message when I run my php scripts ?

I have also noticed that not all the HTML is generated / sent to the browser and that for some reason IE searches for www.localhost.com

I have also installed firefox, this does a similar thing, except the error message is document contains no data ??

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Dylan Pugh (dylanpugh@usa.net)