At the following page I have cellspacing and cellpadding set to 0. But I am still getting space between the two rows of the table. This only shows up in Safari and Netscape 7. Looks fine in IE5.2 Mac and IE 6.0 PC.
BTW, this page is in its very early stages so there are a lot of things that don't look so great about it. I'm open to your feedback but my only real concern at this point is tighting up the masthead table.
For those of you who are interested, who might read this thread at some later date I fixed the problem. I started thinking, why is it working in IE but not Safari and Netscape. Then it dawned on me that IE is probably incorrectly correcting something for me while Safari and Netscape are not (which is actually a good thing!). This lead me to discover that I had used the wrong DOCTYPE for this page. I fixed my DOCTYPE and the page now renders as I want it to.
For more information and a list of correct doctypes follow this link: