SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished working on a car audio manufacturer company called Atomic Thunder. I chose to go with a very modern style. Check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.atomicthunder.com

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

And welcome to sitepointforum. I hope you will find it a useful forum. I will be making many comments about your site and i want you to know that none of these comments are negative toward your design. Rather they are items that may, in some small way, make it more useful. You have already done the heavy lifting.

So here goes.

Home page: This seems to be the single location for the use of frames. So the question is "why use them at all?"

On this page the menu is between the speakers, on the forum it is at the bottom, on all other pages it is a pull-down. Should this be reconsidered?

I recommend centering the page. If this is a problem, just mention it. I have done it in the past, with the help of Kevin Yank from the Server Side Scripting forum.

I like the car and the speakers. The loading speed is amazing, even on dsl. Bang! It is NOW.

I would move the "powered by blogger" to the bottom, near the copyright. Maybe move that from the car area.

The accessability element could be served by using the alt= on the car and the speakers. Also can you give us a demo of the quality of the speakers? The accessability users may have vision problems but to be able to hear the speakers could be a real sales item.

On the links page, could you provide the location for the various links. This might cut down the search time for a person hoping to purchase.

These are all the items I see, Others will doughtless come up with others.

This is really a good looking page. I like it a lot. You definately have a winner.

Thanks for sharing

peace

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think at the top where you have car audio club network image you should incorporate some sort of navigation. On the main page I would lose the frames they serve no real purpose.

On your products page some of your links are still pointing toward your harddrive.

On the links page i would suggest making at least two columns, there are'nt many links so scrolling down to navigate is really pointless.

The graphics look good Just mainly need to work on navigation and broken links and your set.

Doni
    Doni Ronquillo
    Need Free Website Graphics
    http://www.freewebtemplates.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a news item saying "The new layout is finally up..." I don't mean to sound blunt or anything but 99.9% of the visitors won't care whatsoever about that. It might confuse some, as they try to find a link to the new layout.

Imagine reading a car manual and seeing in the notes, "An important brake issue was fixed. You can now brake in the rain without the engine overheating." Or, "We made one of the stripes on the car look cooler but now it's $500 more. And it takes longer to make."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I have frames on the first page is for the news script. The staff at the company will posting important new there. I just didnít want the page to go on forever. Plus, I also think it gives the page a modern look. I fixed the navigation problems, they all now look the same. Keep the comments coming.

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I like your designs, simple yet efficient. However, I don't care for the coloring on the scrollbars in IE 5.5

Also, it seems a little "packed" up in the corner in 1024 X 786 resolution.
    .::KrypToniK::.

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviewed using:

Mozilla 0.6, Windows 2000 Pro, 1280x960, 32 bits colors, JS enabled.
    --------------

No serious flaws in the design. Only on the 'home' page, the frame makes the lower part of the logo partly disappear. I would also like to mention the menu on the 'Forums' page: it took me a few seconds to find the menu, even though it was mentioned before.

Fix those small things, and this site looks very good
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi;
    I'm an English major, so most of my stuff will be about the words. Love the look, feel, load time (even on 56k). Love the nav between the speakers. Nice clean design. On "about us", line should read " at a fraction of the price of our" etc. On Products, first word is supposed to be "Whether", not "weather" which is the rain and stuff. Also the line reads, "choose a products" lose the "s". From "contacts" I tried to go to "about us", and got shunted back to contacts; bad link?
    You can ask me about English anytime.
    Veesha
    Be your own ISP
    "Your One Source Web Solutions Provider"
    http://www.eDirectAmerica.com