User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Fluffykins was a woman until I read in a post somewhere that he was a six foot tall, athletic guy!

Don't feel bad though Fluffy, several members here thought I was a guy because of the name Sparkie

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWTCommish - Knowledge: various topics [more than sufficient]; Intelligence_average: 78/100; Further: isn't afraid of discussions. Stays friendly and polite.

Fluffykins ("Fluffy") - Knowledge: bits and pieces of many topics; Intelligence_average: 74/100; Further: Part-time stand-up comedian. Always pleasant to talk with.

Sparkie - Knowledge: Mainly graphics. Able to learn at least the basics of programming languages; Intelligence_average: 76/100; Further: Friendly, open to others and in for a chat if she doesn't ignore you. (wink wink)

Shin Ma - Knowledge: <suspected> mainly page-layout and some programming; Intelligence_average: <insufficient data>; Further: <Insufficient data><suspected>Friendly person

Aidan Bahta - Knowledge: <suspected> various topics [sufficient]; Intelligence_average: <insufficient data>; Further: <suspected> Polite. Isolates himself sometimes a bit.

BC - Knowledge: Mainly domainnames and hosting; Intelligence_average: 76/100; Further: Likes to help other people. His only problem is that he tries to be funny.

qslack - Knowledge: various topics [more than sufficient]; Intelligence_average: 79/100; Further: Bright guy.

Wayne - Knowledge: various topics [more than sufficient]; Intelligence_average: 78/100; Further: Not too flexible of thought, although he is quite smart.

Karl - Knowledge: Hosting, PHP/mySQL, other programming languages; Intelligence_average: 76/100; Further: Quick of thought, but can be serious as well.

Freddydoesphp - Knowledge: mainly PHP/mySQL; Intelligence_average: 77/100; Further: Seems to know more than php.net contains. He also seems to post only in the Server-side scripting & Database development forum.

Nicky - Knowledge: Mainly graphics; Intelligence_average: 76/100; Further: Friendly and always polite. Nicky, Sparkie and Webkat seem to share one consciousness when it's about character.

--------------

Note: I've tried to be as objective as possible when I created the above list. I have tried not to let emotions influence this 'judgement'.
    The 'Intelligence_average' is based on previous experiences with those individuals. If you think that they're too low (or high), ask yourself why, and not me.
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm, I have a question. When Matt K. said something about flying around on carpets, what did he mean?

TWTCommish and I had a fun time trying to figure it out. We feel stupid now.

qslack says:
    Oh, in your thread what do you think about everyone..
    Christopher says:
    uh huh?
    qslack says:
    What did MK mean when he said flying around on the carpet?
    Christopher says:
    I have no idea
    qslack says:
    Me neither.
    Christopher says:
    I just figured Elledan is a genie-sounding name
    qslack says:
    That sucks.

Note: At the request of the lawyers acting on behalf of TWTCommish Incorporated, the following snippet does not necessarily reflect upon the views of TWTCommish Incorporated. "I better watch what I say to you now" - TWT

<Edited by qslack on 01-03-2001 at 05:32 PM>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alladin !
    Elledan !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Aidan Bahta
    M. James: Although he hasn't been posting as much as before, he's a nice guy.
    Thanks for the mention. I'm sorry I can't visit the forums multiple times during the week, but I have school, homework, and outside activities. The summer, weekends, and holidays are another story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W. Luke: What can I say? Wayne is largely responsible for the success of these forums and he is equally knowledgeable in a wide range of areas. Spends more time working on the forums than post, though.

TWTCommish: Most-famous poster, and rightfully so. Chris is always friendly, is knowledgeable in several fields, and never backs down in a debate (who can forget all the religion and abortion threads? )

Elledan: Is helpful in various parts of the forums, notorius for his activity in the General Chat. Another big debator.

Aidan Bahta: Extremely knowledgeable in computer hardware, never shy in the General Chat. Nice guy.

123finder.com: Nice guy, emerged out of nowhere late in 2000 to be one of the top posters.

Sparkie, Nicky, and WebKat: Three great moderators. The women keep this place under control. All are very helpful and polite.

Justin S: Really got active recently. Very knowledgeable, as well, and nice, too.

Round two will be on the way when I manage it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W. Luke: Two words to say about him: Digital Magician. (yes, I know, digitalmagician.com... Always comes out on the top with advice, and admits if he is wrong. Always willing to listen to ideas, and innovate them. Seems to cram so much into so little time. Admittedly, we'd be lost without him.

TWTCommish: Always on hand to offer advice and help whenever needed. Willing to listen to any ideas, and always polite. (Well, he's a Chris isn't he, and aren't we all like that )

Aidan: Always up for a yap on MSN. Doing a great job with those other guys at Spotster.net, and another person who is always willing to listen to ideas.

M. James: Seems cool. Posts a lot of helpful advice.

qslack: Welcome back! When I first joined SPF, I remember him being a guy who seemed to know so much for his age! He calls me a "humanoid" and that's the reason he won't talk to me... is he a bot? j/k

Sparkie: Well hullo there gorgeous! (Sparkie will know what I mean ) Sparkie was responsible for that wee guy you see on the Flyfishing Network, and, with her birthday being the day after mine is a true Capricorn - good looking

WebKat: Bookmarkus Ladyus. The member with the bookmarks. If WebKat opened her own site with all her bookmarks on it, sit would probably get more traffic than Yahoo! (well, the size of her bookmarks must be, there would be an infinite number of pages almost certainly!)

Nicky: Always willing to chat on ICQ. Always working well late nights, like myself. Good company when I'm sitting here cold and lonely...

CJ: Pure Dead Brilliant. Some of his posts make me laugh, especially when he's giving someone a little flack, but obviously not too much. One of those responsible for making edevboards.com the success it is.

kyank: Thanks for all the PHP help Kev! Wrote that apparently brilliant article on PHP, which I have still to read. (I know, I know :embarassed: )

Karl: Also, thanks to you for the PHP help! Doing a great job creating a new UK web hosting service which will hopefully shoot to No. 1

Elledan: Man, I feel sorry for Karl when Elledan is in chat with that Unix manual.

123finder.com: A valuable member.

necrominator: As was previously mentioned, King of the One-Liners, closely followed by petesmc

BC: As was said before, knows a lot about domains and a braw advisor!

Chicken: That fluffy feathered guy.

jonese: As was said before, great guy, puts in a lot of work behind the scenes that we either don't see or don't appreciate

Matt Mickiewicz: Gets paid too much. Well, who else can afford a Laptop, Palm, Cell...

Fletch: Like myself, posts when he has some value to add to the topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Chris for the opportunity to say thanks to all the members who have posted sites for reviews in Website Reviews. Each is a learning experience for me. And each is the culmination of a lot of work for the presenter.

Thanks to all those who have given so generously of their time and talent to answer my questions, whether php, mysql, or carrying me across some of the rapids of website review.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, I don't consider myself the "most popular poster", but thanks anyway Marc.

I'm glad this topic has been so well-received, as obviously it had/has a lot of potential to turn into a flame war.

I'd like to also thank everyone for their kind words, and remind them that I won't take any constructive criticism personally.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Saltire
    qslack: Welcome back! When I first joined SPF, I remember him being a guy who seemed to know so much for his age! He calls me a "humanoid" and that's the reason he won't talk to me... is he a bot? j/
    Thanks

But I must address the prospect of me being a "bot." Several humanoids have spoken with words similar to the words spoken by you and I am not pleased. (But, for real, who said I never talk to you?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by qslack
    But I must address the prospect of me being a "bot." Several humanoids have spoken with words similar to the words spoken by you and I am not pleased. (But, for real, who said I never talk to you?)
    LOL, don't take it to heart! Just one night you spoke about humanoids then went silent...

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by CJ
    I think it's the 'elle' which is French for 'she'. Anyway Elledan's real name is Danny, and -thank god for him- that doesn't sound too feminine.
    I have a friend named Dani (pronounced the same) and she would be upset if you said her name wasn't feminine.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BC: As was said before, knows a lot about domains and a braw advisor!
    Er, braw? Una comprehende?
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Parker Trasborg
    Fiber(adam lysne [sp?]: very intellegent with computers. has good answers for everything.
    Why thank you Parker. You may notice I get fustrated at times explaining stuff, because I can not explain it as well, and vice versa.

My old name here was Adam Lysne, but I like to be known by Fiber (I always have been). My name is still in my signature.

Lysne as in Disney, only spelled a bit differenly.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com
    "Prepare yourself, it's da human beatbox"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by BC
    Braw = Good!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Elledan
    Fluffykins ("Fluffy") - Knowledge: bits and pieces of many topics; Intelligence_average: 74/100; Further: Part-time stand-up comedian. Always pleasant to talk with.
    [/B]
    You've pulled those out of a database! You scary, scary man I'm happy with 74, admittedly I leave my brain at the office and don't do the whole rational thought thing on an evening. Pizza and #sitepoint, ah that's the life.

One update: Fluffy - Strengths: Dreamweaver, fax machines and dance routines. We'll remember to add that to version 2.

Be warned, I've got an IRC style 100lb AD&D rulebook and I'm not afraid to use it

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Fluffy, I'll update the database

Hmm... something tells me I should keep my defenses high when you're near
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by BC
    Braw = Good!
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I won't ask which language that is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply put, Scottish Slang

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL @ Saltire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahem, what is funny BC?

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that smilie that Saltire used giving the finger? I have seen it before on these forums but I've never been sure.

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL PARKER!!!!

No! It's just holding his/her hand up to his/her face. It is an embarrassed laugh

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought it was holding a handkerchief