SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Aidan... and Shin... lololololol I thought Elledan was a woman for quite a bit of time!

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWTCommish
    Kind to everybody, always willing to help out people no matter what the case is.

Aidan Bahta
    Writes great, informative articles for spotster.net and is also willing to help out many people.

Wayne Luke
    The most active poster on the board keeping it straight and gets the job done.

freddydoesphp
    Knows an amazing amount of PHP and helps out many many people with the language. Also nice to have a conversation with

Sparkie
    The nicest, most polite person on the board Also knows a lot about web design..afraid to try out any programming languages though

CJ
    A bit...hmm self centered? Not saying that that's bad. Always helping out people, designing the header for SitePointForums Great guy.

iFroggy
    Helps a lot of people, interesting guy to talk to.

Sorry if I forgot you....I'll probably think of more people later and edit this list
    <Edited by mkaufman on 01-02-2001 at 07:21 PM>

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *humbly bows towards Aidan*

Why thank you Aidan... And I thought I was going off the insane end when I said I'd help out in the Web Design forum

Anyway, my thoughts...

Wayne : I don't think words can express how grateful all the advisors and myself are to Wayne for giving us an opportunity to help out with SP while offering up over 4300+ posts of quality advice. My hat goes out to you. As we say in Australia, Yer a legend mate!

Eric : always there when needed. Has a bit a of a devilish streak in him but you never notice it until you scratch a bit here and there

Sparkie/WebKat : both of the senior advisors have been fantastic in showing advisors the ropes and helping everyone out.

Chicken : this guy never fails to crack me up.

By the way everyone, he's getting married very soon!!
    Please send your condol... errr.... congratulations to him

To the rest of the advisors : you have been a phenomenal team to work with, and your various streaks of humor have been appreciated when we needed (or haven't wanted) them. Thank you, and may you continue to spew your valuable knowledge well into the new millenium.

(someone please shoot me if I'm getting far too sentimental here)

CJ, Aidan, Elledan, Chris(es)(aspen + TWT), Son, Marc, Justin, Nate, LuZer, Matt (K.), Owen and many others : the knowledge you have imparted here at SP over the last year and a bit has been absolutely invaluable, and I'm sure many, many people are very grateful to you for all the help you've provided. Thank you.

Finally...

To Mark H., Matt M., Kevin, Matt H. + Jason : thank you for bringing to life the best webmaster community on the Net. You all deserve a huge round of kudos.

(apologies to those I've forgotten... I could go on for ever!)
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does everybody think that I'm a woman?! Anyway, since even females can be really intelligent (yup, it's true ) I won't take it as an insult...

I'm currently creating a list myself, but well, it takes quite some time to create a complete profile of someone... especially of someone as complicated as Sherice. <grin>

I'll try to finish it tomorrow
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elledan is a feminine-sounding name...nothing personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I think it sounds more like the guy who fly's around on his carpet..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Matt... This time you've gone REALLY too far!

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elledan! Me? Complicated?

mkaufman, I'm not afraid of programming languages...programming languages are afraid of ME (I dont have the nickname Sparkie for nothing, you know..)

Seriously, thank you all for the wonderful comments. I am so glad to have you all as friends and associates. You are all great people to work and converse with.

Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: I'm not really angry, I just think that Matt is still a bit childish since he thinks about such things

/me pats Matt on his back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparkie > hold your horses

You don't know what I'll write about you... <evil laugh>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the 'elle' which is French for 'she'. Anyway Elledan's real name is Danny, and -thank god for him- that doesn't sound too feminine.

W. Luke - keeps these boards alive and kicking with inteligent and very 'complete' posts. Give us the opportunity to search for his additions (+bugs?!) to this vBulletin.

Advisors - you guys (& gals) do your best, day in day out (is this a saying in English as well?), to get all the questions asked by the members, answered.

Elledan - A real Linux rat (!= negative). Also very knowledged on the scientific field. You can always find him in #sitepoint to get help with your phisics and chemiques homework. When he starts talking about the future it gets freaky, but hey people thought Einstein was a freak too (well he was, but a genial one).

Matt Kaufman - A complex person, but if it comes to web development he sure knows hell of a lot of PHP.

TWTcommish - A talkative person who is not afraid to go in arguements (!= negative). He must be one of the most helpful members here, is also a long time member of SPF. Oh yeah, he likes FP2000 so I like him!

JamesUS - Now this is one great of a kid (err boy). I have got the honour to work with James for over 3 months now, and man this must be one of the nicest people I have ever met. He helps out all the time, likes to make fun,... You can't imagine how happy I am I've met this person. Maybe we'll see each other one day. London is only 1.5h away

Daniel Irvine - A great guy. Really fun to talk with. Makes jokes all the time, and helps you with CGI, PHP, you name it. Very intelligent and cool guy.

All the rest - I've not mentioned some persons, even though I've regular, if not daily conversations with them. I just can't list you all! Anyway just to say you're great too. Everybody excells in their own way. Some do at PHP, some at graphics.

Happy new year everybody!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elledan,

No offense, I thought you were a woman at first too, but then when people referred to you as He, i was like doh im such an idiot, I guess its just the name, altho the thing about you flying around on carpet kinda funny heh =)
    and nothing wrong with a woman ehh
    Nebiyu E.
    Co-president & Website Developer
    Deoxic Studios - "The Evolution of Web Design"
    http://www.dadreamonline.com/deoxicstudios/
    nebiyu@dadreamonline.com

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am quite new to the forums so I will post what I can.

W.Luke - Nice guy who is very talented at keeping this forum interesting. Great design of SPF.
    James - Helps out as much as he can, good guy.
    CJ - An absolute champion who I met at edevboards.com which he owns. Very funny guy who tells people what he thinks.
    iFroggy - I checked out your site, it is brilliant, I use your sport section regularly. Very kind and caring person.
    mkauffman (sorry bout the spelling) - a genius, I eman who could come up with such a brilliant post like "1000". Albert Einstein the 2nd here.
    Eledan (sorry about the spelling AGAIN) - Great guy who seems to always be the 1st to reply to my threads. Very helpful. I knew he was a he all along.

That is all the people I can think of at the moment, if I missed somebody who I think should be mentioned I will post another reply.

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mkauffman (sorry bout the spelling) - a genius, I eman who could come up with such a brilliant post like "1000". Albert Einstein the 2nd here.
    Right on

Note: I'm not really angry, I just think that Matt is still a bit childish since he thinks about such things
    Childish? Na, I just thought it was funny hehe

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to give credit to some of the unknown members of SPF.

aaronmd: This person knows his stuff, since he has been building websites since 1996. Although shy at times, he really shows off his charm while intoxicated.

bellaweb: A brilliant person. I am waiting in anticipation for his first post.

dtremblay: Having been registered since 06-29-2000, he has helped out with problems relating to both Javascripting and milking cows. I would like to speak out on behalf of the members of sitepoint and thank you for your guidance.

wsmith8: Although it seems he is a batty fellow always replying with witty comments, deep down wsmith8 is an intellectual with a lot of knowledge stuffed into his brain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL @ Rob - the second one had me busting a gut.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least one person mentioned me. I would post more, but seems like the more I post the lower my karma gets. Even if I'm asking a question I get negative karma.

To go with this:

WLuke: Smart guy. Has helped me out and showed me the right path.

mkaufman: good at programming, seems to do a lot of stuff.

sparkie: good at designing graphics. unlike me...

Fiber(adam lysne [sp?]: very intellegent with computers. has good answers for everything.

TWTCommmish: everytime I come here I see your name down at the bottom that your visiting.

sorry for forgetting people, my fingers are tired from typing all day.
    <Edited by Parker Trasborg on 01-02-2001 at 10:26 PM>

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by mkaufman
    Actually I think it sounds more like the guy who fly's around on his carpet..
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha Funny Funny Funny Matt
    <Edited by ifroggy on 01-02-2001 at 10:52 PM>

Irritability Defined
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * at some of the ridiculous replies in this thread *
    My 2 Cents (or is that 2.2 Cents including GST?)

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W. Luke: By far the most dedicated member of SitePoint - without him we wouldn't be anywhere.

TWTCommish: Great guy - can always offer helpful, kind advice when required.

Aidan: Knows a lot about a lot - posts often and adds a lot of value to whatever he posts in.

M. James: Posts when he can add some value to the thread, a good guy

qslack: A bit quiet lately but that seems to be changing now. One of the most knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Sparkie: One of the kindest members of the community, puts in so much without asking for a return. Very talented in graphic design, HTML, among other things.

WebKat: Similar to Sparkie - always posts high quality posts and one of the kindest members around.

Nicky: Great person - always has a good point to make. Again, one of the kindest members.

CJ: A great guy overall - posts often, usually adding some value to the thread(s) concerned.

Justin S: Good guy, expert in the topic of Hosting/Domain names. Always inputs something when he can.

kyank: Great guy - wrote the wonderful tutorial. I've not said much to Kevin, but can't thank him enough for the fabulous tutorial!

aspen: Good guy, knowledgeable about computers. Sometimes has an alternative opinion but thats a good thing!

Karl: Very knowledgeable about all things scripting/server related. Has helped me and many others a lot in the past ,a great Advisor.

Elledan: Spends a lot of time in the chat, which I like Always willing to argue and persuade his point - a good guy.

mkaufman: Very talented for such a young age - he will go far.

jumpthru: Posts a lot of genuinely useful posts - good guy.

123finder.com: Newer than many of us but posts a lot and always posts something of value.

necrominator: As someone else said, King of the One-Liners

ifroggy: Great guy, helps whenever he can.

BC: Really knowledgeable about domains/hosting - offers a lot of helpful advice in these forums. Great Advisor

Chicken: Offers a lot of advice, primarily on his expert topic, domains and hosting. Another great advisor

jonese: Great guy, puts in a lot of work behind the scenes that we either don't see or don't appreciate

Matt Mickiewicz: The founder of WR! Well what can I say, without him we'd all never have met. Great guy.

Fletch: Posts when he has some value to add to the topic, great guy.

Cloughie: Great guy - is in the chat a lot. Posts when he can and is always helpful.

OK I'm sorry if I've missed anyone I'll come back later and edit some more in.
    <Edited by James on 01-03-2001 at 09:32 AM>

mouse monkey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Aidan Bahta
    Fletch: He seriously needs to start posting more
    Originally posted by James
    Fletch: Posts when he has some value to add to the topic, great guy.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your comements, its good to see that I am known around here. I am very guilty of not posting a lot around here but I am always about. I could post more but I will only answer a thread if the solution has not already been found and often people have already beaten me to the thread. Often if I am really busy I will only read quetions threads with less than 5 or so replies. Also often I don't think what I would post would add anythign of value to the thread so I won't post. Anyway I will try to post more infuture. O and James thanks, I'll slip you your money later
    <Edited by Fletch on 01-03-2001 at 04:07 AM>

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by nebiyu
    Elledan,

No offense, I thought you were a woman at first too, but then when people referred to you as He, i was like doh im such an idiot, I guess its just the name, altho the thing about you flying around on carpet kinda funny heh =)
    and nothing wrong with a woman ehh
    You know I thought Cloughie was a woman, cos Cloughie is like that girl in Home & Away. I felt like soooooo stoopid refering to him as "she" in front of him on #sitepoint. The really funny bit, is cos i'd never really looked at wannabebig.com and thought it was pretty cool to have a female body builder who was also a web designer!

I'd like to publicly apologise to Cloughie at this point

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA HA... Yeah I did think you were kinda of a wierd one from the start....

Why do you think I call you Ady in the chat room.. I just can't bring myself to refer to another guy as fluffykins.. LOL

As of late I have not been posting that much cause I have been soooooo busy ... But I am around more now
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Karl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about time I posted so here goes:

First off, thank you all for your kind words, as you may have noticed I have started to slacken off on posting now to give others a chance to prove themselves (It also has to do with concentrating on other areas as well).

Wayne Luke - Well what can be said about him that hasn't already been said? The only thing I can add is that he certainly makes the chat lively when he comes in to it.

Eric Jones - Not around to much anymore, but he's a busy guy so it's to be expected. Always helpful when you need it.

Sparkie - Very talented when it comes to graphics and HTML. How can anyone be so nice?

WebKat - Again, how can anyone be so nice and helpful to people all the time?

BC - Along with his partner in crime Chicken they still provide the scare factor for me (I heard about the CDS on WebHostingTalk).

Chicken - CDS leader from WHT (But losing the scare now I've seen that photo of him), which did come first the Chicken or the Egg?

Kevin Yank - PHP Legend, all round top bloke (I love the photo on the articles), always helpful to everyone. I don't get chance to talk to him much but everyone else that does tells me he is a legend.

Cloughie - Another from the good old UK (We're taking over in case you hadn't realised), funny, helpful and always nice.

Matt M - Well what can be said, he doesn't post much now but still deserves due credit as being the foundr of WR which is where it all started. Always polite and helpful, even a couple of years ago when I was bugging him about a project I was working on - and I was bugging.

freddydoesphp - What a cat. Knows his stuff when it comes to PHP, always helpful.

mkaufman - Young and on the up. Helpful and polite. I wish I knew as much when I was his age.

Elledan - I'm going to burn that Unix Manual some day.

TWTCommish - A fully fledged posting machine - with the stars to prove it.

Nicky - Well what can we say, lovely Nicky, warm and friendly, always helpful to everyone.

Fluffykins - How can you live with that nick? I guess it comes from being 'ard and livin' oop north? (People in the UK will understand). Other then that, helpful and funny in the chat at times.

James - Taking root in #sitepoint along with Elledan and myself.

PeterW - Always a regular in #sitepoint, always helpful if he can be and is certainly gaining knowledge all the time and sharing it in the forums.

Also:

TWT -> That's ok for not giving me due credit, I'm not one for really showing off my skills. If I were to be honest I would say that I am up there with Kevin on my PHP skills and I would post more but Kevin is a PHP Posting machine, he's just way to fast so he's usually replied by the time I get to read a post.

If i've missed you, don't worry I will probably be reminded of you and add you to my list. To everyone that is not on it, keep up the great work as you are the people that make the community what it is.
    Karl Austin :: Profile :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    Business Web Hosting :: Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Call 0800 542 9764 today and ask how we can help your business grow.