SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do *NOT* want this to turn into a flame, but it's a subject I think we'll all benefit from if we stay open-minded.

The subject is simple: what do you think of people here, specifically? Here's my list:

• W. Luke: Dedicated and knowledgable. Has a solid grasp of almost everything - practically unstumpable. A little dry - but in a really good, android sort of way. (just kidding)
    • Sparkie: She simply does not know as many languages as a lot of people here...but you know what? What she does know, she *really* knows. She has HTML and CSS down pat - she doesn't "know" them in the way that I "know" them - she's thorough in that way. She's also the most polite member on these forums, hands down.
    • kyank: This dude is sick! I've never seen someone with such a knowledge of raw code. Even more amazing is the fact that he's almost never condescending in his answers to people. My hero.
    • WebKat: Doesn't speak up a whole lot, but when she does, she always has something insightful and relevant to say. Runner up to Sparkie for most polite member - it's quite close, actually.
    • Elledan: Argumentative in a good way. Always up for a lively debate, and almost always remains civil while presenting an offbeat point of view.
    • Aidan Bahta: Not much to say: knows way more about hardware than he shows on these forums.
    • Nicky: Nicky, Sparkie and WebKat might as well all be the same person! They're all polite, insightful, and dedicated. I honestly couldn't tell their posts apart if not for their usernames being next to them - I swear! Not making that up!
    • Justin S.: The king of domain names, and pretty handy with JavaScript. I'd say his biggest contribution is in suggestions and critiques concerning the site and forums.
    • jumpthru: Similar to Justin - knows what looks good, and owns one of the coolest domains around.
    • aspen: Like Aidan, he knows a lot more than he shows through his posts here...and I mean that in a good way!
    • Karl: Quitely doing a killer job as a Moderator, sacrificing his time to answer newbie PHP questions left and right. Knows the language better than I gave him credit for at first. Sorry!
    • mkaufman: Always tossing ideas and critiques at SP, and always busy! Biggest contribution here is always having a recommendation for someone when they ask - must have an SQL database of links in his brain.

I hope no one is offended by this - I'm trying to be objective. What you see is basically what I think - I might thing a small thing here or there that I have not mentioned, but overall I don't have any hidden problems with these people listed here. I've tried to remain honest and fair.

That said, I think my biggest problems are being too ready to jump into arguments over virtually ANYTHING, and sometimes acting as if I know more than I do. My apologies for these two things.

Dunno if everyone else has enough time to form such a massive list, but I'd sure be interested to hear what everyone else thinks.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWTCommish - Likes to start flame wars and hurt people's feelings a lot

I know you meant no harm in this but I can predict this will make a LOT of people a bit mad. I have plenty of colorful views on people you listed and more but I keep them to myself. Generally it's better to silently hate someone than to noisily hate someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I have a bit more faith in the people here - I think this will be just fine actually. It depends on how you look at things - most of the problems I see with all of those other members I listed are problems we all have, and as such, I ignored them.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wluke - What can I say, he uses NT as a regular part of his day :)

qslack - This guy is awesome. He is so cool it can't be expressed in words.

Aidan and Adam Lysne - In some sort of question-answering conspiracy. Adam Lysne gets all the answers in five seconds to Aidan's newsletter questions. I'm talking to my lawyer for advice on what to press charges under.

necrominator - King of the one-liners.

David Siegel - Needs a much smaller ego.

Rob Malda (aka CmdrTaco) - Needs a much smaller ego.

My ISP - Needs to be less sucky.

vinay - My favorite mangler of punctuation and the English language. Although, generally it's *****X's fault because in IRC it adds a space after nick completes. So you get: "qslack , what are you doing to jstayton ?" :)

TWTCommish - Always the one to be polite (tied with WebKat and Sparkie). So polite, sometimes in conversation with him he blanks out the word "Hate" with "H*te" :)

I hope no one is offended by this - I'm trying to be objective. What you see is basically what I think - I might thing a small thing here or there that I have not mentioned, but overall I don't have any hidden problems with these people listed here. I've tried to remain honest and fair. And no, these aren't my real opinions.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOHOO! I was mentioned.

Someone PLEASE mention me more!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Ok

Aidan: Knows all the basics to hardware and software, and great webmaster

Justin: Domain Name king, and business startup king. He's started 4-5 business (I am off). Though he never seems to be on time. Need a calendar?

Parker Trasborg: He's a teacher? What can I say?

Matt Kaufman - Very involved and changes ideas. Though I can't start and stop stuff....but atleast he tries. Loves PHP.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com
    "Prepare yourself, it's da human beatbox"

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh... I am really really mad. I wrote a very very large post up. I hit Post and it said I had to many images (smilies). I hit back... and the post is gone. PERFECT. I'll retype and post tomarrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well, I LOVE YOU ALL
    <Edited by CJ on 01-03-2001 at 09:02 AM>

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, i'll give this a shot. I'll do a little on some of the members I've actually "gotten to know" since I started kicking about here and in #sitepoint. Note that this will make sense only to the people mentioned.

First off, Elledan. Elledan is almost always around in #sitepoint. He laughs a lot, and the fax machine incident remains the funniest of last year. One day, i'm going to steal and burn his 600lb UNIX manual.

Itay is around quite a lot too. He's pretty quiet, but a good bloke, and unlike Elledan keeps his UNIX manuals under control. One day, when tartarus freezes and I get my password, he's going to teach me to play Utopia Online.

Karl Karl lives in Yorkshire too, so that's like dozens of brownie points given for a start. Dead clever, knows business type stuff too. Can I have a job now? <g>

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Mainly cos I'm still dead from New Year's Eve.

And why has no-one mentioned me? I feel like sooooo unimportant

Ady

v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, my disclaimer There is no possible way that I could tell every person on these forums how great I think they are. I have had the pleasure of getting to know so many talented individuals here at SPF, that listing them all would overload the entire network

That being said, here's my list!

Wayne - paws down, the most intelligent, innovative, influential person here. He's always surging with ideas and new concepts that put SitePoint on top. I have a lot of respect for him.

TWTCommish - is one incredibly talented individual. I've never met anyone so eager to learn and so willing to help. He's also a great chess player

WebKat - to me, is one of the friendliest, most polite people on these forums. She's very insightful and dedicated to learning and continually improving her website skills.

Elledan - was kind enough to browse my site under every browser ever invented. THANK YOU! He's always up for a lively debate and may challenge another's view but doesn't demolish it. That shows me that he's very open-minded and mature.

Nicky - Another very talented, very helpful person that I have the pleasure of knowing. Always friendly and insightful.

kyank - is the one person on these forums that I wish I knew better. I don't frequent the database and scripting forums that often, but from what I can see, Kevin is a genius. I bet he dreams in .PHP

Aidan - whom I dont talk too much, but I regard him as a very bright and knowledgeable individual. I believe he'll go very far in life with the skills he possesses.

mkaufman - How many sites do you run again? 48? Last time I checked it was 38 He's always brimming with energy and interesting suggestions. I'm convinced he is a walking database.

Vinay - a great guy with amazing talent. He runs almost as many hosts as mkaufman has webpages

westmich and edshuck - I applaud both of them for their dedication in reviewing others' websites. Their comments are always fair, honest and inspiring. It means a lot to me for someone to say "thank you for giving me the opportunity to visit your site.

To the rest of my fellow Advisors - you all have such impressive skills in your respective areas here. It never ceases to amaze me. You are all very gifted!

To everyone else that I've forgotten to mention, I apologize! It has already taken me over an hour to write this!

Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by ifroggy
    Oh... I am really really mad. I wrote a very very large post up. I hit Post and it said I had to many images (smilies). I hit back... and the post is gone. PERFECT. I'll retype and post tomarrow.
    I will try to fix this problem in a future update. Maximum allowed images is 10 and that includes any in your signature as well.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Wayne, its not really a problem, and I wasn't complaining or anything - just basically letting people know I wanted to post and had a post, but its gone. I'll type it up again today when I get a chance.

Thanks .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sparkie
    TWTCommish - is one incredibly talented individual. I've never met anyone so eager to learn and so willing to help. He's also a great chess player
    Oh you just had to mention that, didn't you? Rubbing it right in my face. :P Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Get ready for a heapin' helpin' of Karma.

So far I think this is going pretty well - I just figured that people would be more likely to stick around if they were reminded of how appreciated they all are - sometimes we don't realize how much others enjoy our "company", so to speak.

I also figured we'd all do well to hear some constructive criticism - it's unavoidable, and if we're all open-minded towards it, it'll do us all good. Anyone here can feel free to hit me with something. (but not a UNIX manual...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always hit ALT-P before ALT-S on a long post, then the text is "saved" in preview. Frankly, I do it several times during a long post. It works great.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By TWTCommish: Sparkie: She simply does not know as many languages as a lot of people here...but you know what? What she does know, she *really* knows. She has HTML and CSS down pat - she doesn't "know" them in the way that I "know" them - she's thorough in that way. She's also the most polite member on these forums, hands down.
    True. I think Sparkie's real talent lies in Graphic design. I mean have you had a look round Pawsitronic lately? (I was looking for inspiration for my own portfolio site). It's quality stuff!

It's always a good place for me to look, as i'm far more interested in the graphical and design side of web design than getting into heavy coding. Yep, it's dead useful to know, but frankly it sends me to sleep

Morale of the story? One day i'll beat Fireworks and be that good too. Then, the world will belong to me. Gwahahaha!

/me returns from bad horror film to reality at this point.

Ady

v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'oh! I forgot about the graphics! Like I said: what she knows, she *really* knows...HTML, CSS, and of course, Graphics Creation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip Jim.

Ok, I have retyped my list. No one take any offense, and no one that I do not like is named. I’m not going to name people I don’t like. I don’t know too many people, so I wrote down who I actually think something of.

No one has named me yet… thankfully, no one likes me, so it’d just be bad anyway. lol

Here we go:

W. Luke – To be honest, I don’t read your posts. lol But, you are helpful when needed and seem to be a hard worker.

TWTCommish – Well, why would I be so stupid as to say something bad about you? With all of your posts, one wave of your magic karma wand equals instant death for my one star. lol Seriously, you are a nice guy… your in it for the karma I guess.

Aidan Bahta – Affectionately known of Mr. Dell, you are helpful and pretty nice, except when someone goes against your opinion.

James – Do you live in the SitePoint chat or something? You have been very helpful in the few things I have asked you and are very kind.

mkaufman – You seem to be really busy, but I don’t fall for that. You are very helpful, nice and … hmmm… good natured? Maybe, and you’ve got a good sense of humor.

jamesglewis – I’ll say, the perfect moderator. No offense to anyone else, but on sites that I have seen him moderate… its like he doesn’t have a life and just spends his time on that board all day. lol j/k In other words... does a good job.

necrominator – One liner king, that’s all that has to be said. But, he is not a bad guy at all, just one of few words.

Shin Ma – Plainly and politely presents his opinion. It’s a complement, albeit a boring one.

Well, that’s all for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read Wayne's posts, but do not always understand them.

Heck yeah Patrick - it's all about the Karma. Naw, just kidding - I simply love it here, Karma or no. You could take away Karma and post counts, and I really can't see myself leaving.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Fluffykins
    True. I think Sparkie's real talent lies in Graphic design. I mean have you had a look round Pawsitronic lately? (I was looking for inspiration for my own portfolio site). It's quality stuff!
    [/B]
    *Wow* Fluffy, I never knew you thought that! Thanks, you really made my day!

Edit:

My karma just soared 30+ points..WOW

<Edited by Sparkie on 01-02-2001 at 12:13 PM>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah... sure Chris, you just said that and your karma probably went up 50 points. lol... your such a great actor. heh

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee I'm a relatively newcomer here to SPF
    but I just wanna thank W. Luke, Sparkie, Syanet, and all the others who i forgot to mention(too many names).
    I agree with everyone though Sparkie is one of the most polite and nice people here, besides her graphics kick ***.
    Heh, but everyone here is for the most part nice and polite and very helpful. Thanks to everyone at SPF.
    Nebiyu E.
    Co-president & Website Developer
    Deoxic Studios - "The Evolution of Web Design"
    http://www.dadreamonline.com/deoxicstudios/
    nebiyu@dadreamonline.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    I simply love it here, Karma or no. You could take away Karma and post counts, and I really can't see myself leaving.
    Note to Wayne: Disable TWT's karma and post count. LOL!
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem was caused by the thread being closed as another post was simultaneously made....

This post should clear it up.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by ifroggy
    Shin Ma – Plainly and politely presents his opinion. It’s a complement, albeit a boring one.
    Wow, i've been mentionned.
    I would be posting more, if i had useful posts to make. But i'm never lucky: the kind people here are always already helping before i even notice the threads where i could help.

Well, i'll be talking about two non-mentionned-yet people: (and just talk about their signatures)

freddydoesphp: great cat you have ! what are you feeding him with ?

creole: tell me why the caged bird sings

elledan: i'm still confused, thought you were a woman !
    <Edited by Shin Ma on 01-02-2001 at 03:34 PM>
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't close it until I saw the problem. I closed it to preserve the problem. I'm glad you reopened it though.
    Jim Lewis
    FrappyDoo Forums

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W. Luke: Calling him the most dedicated person to the Community is by far an understatement. Words can't say how much he has done to make SitePointForums a better place for us all.

TWTCommish: As Quinn mentioned, he's up there in kindness with Sparkie and WebKat. Very friendly guy and nice guy to chat with. His opinions are always interesting.

M. James: Although he hasn't been posting as much as before, he's a nice guy.

qslack: Couldn't have a list without Quinn. He's the most knowladgable kid around these forums hands down. He hasn't posted very many posts in the last three months, but he's still the number 5th poster. Quinn has a similar encyclopediac talent to Wayne.

Sparkie: The kindest member of the forums, hands down. She's great with graphics, and Pawsitronic is great. I've seen her drawings, and I can't believe she drew them!

WebKat: Every post is great. She always brings up a good point and gives great points. She never posts a short one, all of her posts are high-quality.

Nicky: Always has an interesting point to add to a discussion. Great person.

Justin S: Nice guy, and after all, he got a great deal on a great domain.

kyank: Kevin wrote that mammoth PHP/MySQL tutorial, and it is extremely good. I have never said a word to him, but I appreciate him very much.

aspen: Not afraid to have an opinion different than most. Nice guy, and knows quite a bit about computers.

Elledan: One of the best arguers around. He always stands up for his side. He helps quite a bit too.

mkaufman: He has a lot of pretty big plans, and keeping up with them has to be hard for a 13 year old. I'm sure he'll go far, since he has a pretty big headstart on most of us.

necrominator: He's a king alright. I'll leave it at that.

Saltire: Great guy to be around. Wish he'd post here more often, though.

ifroggy: Great guy. I'll always remember the "Dell Incident"

BC: Great guy, gives great advice in Web Page Design.

Chicken: Awesome moderator. His picture didn't surprise me at all. And it is only he that knows whether the Chicken or the Egg came first.

jonese: Wish he'd come out more, but still he's a great guy.

Matt M.: Same goes for Matt, wish he'd come out to the forums more.

James: The king of the chatroom. He's a really nice guy, and deserves a mention.

Owen: Not posting as much as he used to. He gave out great advice when he did, though.

Fletch: He seriously needs to start posting more