SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Recently I have been having trouble with motion tweening in Flash. An example of this is when I create a new symbol for each body part of my character, put them all in one layer, and try to rotate the arm using motion tween it bunches the whole lot of symbols up and just moves them a little, what can I do to get the arm to raise using a tween?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried "Break Apart" this usualy like then name suggests breaks up all the different symbols
    .NET Code Monkey

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Place each symbol you are tweening (motion or shape) on a different layer.

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think I will go with your idea FireSpryte, it will just be a bit confusing with all the layers thats all. Because I usually only have these layers for my animation "background", "Character Layer", "Other", "Foreground", and "Sounds" in that order, then I would just animate it frame by frame not with motion tweening.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to become proficient with using multiple layers and organising your flash movie efficiently to do anything decent... and to tween multiple objects you HAVE to have them on a seperate layer

I usually name each layer according to the symbol that has been placed on it. It makes life a hell of a lot easier, especially when you are dealing with large files.

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot, now I have really made progress in my cartoon. It is alot easier isn't it. I recently made a Flash game but I just got to upload it in a minute. The URL will be http://home.iprimus.com.au/schmitt/game.swf so check it out now and it should be uploaded. When I finish my cartoon I will post it too.