SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one brother and two sisters. One night our parents went out to dinner. They got back so late that we had all been asleep for a long time. The first thing that they noticed was that their was broken glass around our open back door. Our house had been broken into. My mom goes running through the house screaming because she thinks something might have happened to us kids. Then the police came with their sirens and everything. They did their investigation.

I woke up the next morning to find out about it. I slept through the whole thing, including my mother screaming and the police sirens.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll tell you about a weird incident that happened when I was about twelve years old. It isn't really a dream, more like a prediction. A few years back there was a major earthquake in Northridge, California, sometime in January. A year later, on the day before that date, the local news did a sort of "upcoming anniversary of the quake" story, and showed how the city had rebuilt itself since then.

I remember watching the story while eating dinner, and I, for some reason, said "Wouldn't it be weird if another earthquake happened tomorrow?" Figure the odds of that.

The next morning my mom wakes me up yelling "Come, quick and see this! They had an earthquake in Kobe, Japan!!!" Talk about getting chilled to the bone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were driving somewhere, and it was a bit late at night - most of the kids in the car were asleep, and my brother was half-asleep at the time. My stepmother, father, and myself were all awake, just sitting there.

He calls out from the back seat (this is a minivan...I'm in the 2nd row, he's in the 3rd, two adults in the front)..."I can't find the off-button...whoo!" - he then says it again.

We ask him "What off button?" - he holds up an old bag of chips, and goes back to sleep.

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sometimes predicting dreams. Not really often do I remember those, but once I experience that particular event I saw in such a dream, I immediately remember it... It's nearly terrifying...

Once I was at school, standing in the hall, reading a paper with changes in the time-table etc. when I heard a group of about 3-4 friends make a joke about me. They were standing behind me, but if they would have seen my face at that moment... I was completely stunned. It was like I was experiencing a few timeframes of my life again. Never in my life I had experienced such a thing.

After this experience, I've had it numerous more times, but they seem to be getting less frequent, although I don't think they'll ever go away.

Really weird is that I sometimes remember those dreams after I awake. I then always do things different than in that dream (in which I succeed everytime), although I don't know whether that's wise.
    www.nyanko.ws - My web-, software- and game development company.
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site and blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note: I know that it may seem weird, both the story itself and the fact that I write it down now and not earlier, but it's the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ TWTCommish!

When I was about nine years old, I fell asleep on the living-room couch one night. My mom came into the room at about midnight and woke me up. I sat up about half awake and then suddenly stared beyond her toward the kitchen. "What?" she asked. I answered "what's the water hose doing in the kitchen?" "Water hose?" my mom asked.
    According to her, I got up, walked into the kitchen and threw a dish towel at her. "See? You left the hose inside."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL - this is one of the funniest threads I've participated in. Most of the time my brother just mumbles and gets mad in his sleep - I think some people use sleepwalking, or semi-sleepwalking as a way to say and do things they can't always do sometimes - were you ticked off at your mom that day or something, Sparkie?

Either that or its our subconcious doing things we're just not aware of conciously...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was young, my mom made me take care of the dog. Now, I didn't ask for the dog; it was born the same year I was, so it wasn't my dog. Also of importance is the fact that my mom had horrible insomnia, so she was up late all of the time.

Well, as our dog got older, she had to pee in the middle of the night. For some reason, even though my mom was already awake, she would wake me up so that I would let the dog out.

One night she woke me up to let the dog out. I did so and went back to bed. Then she woke me up to tell me I didn't let the dog back in. I did so and went back to bed. Then she woke me up and asked me why I was sleeping on the floor next to the dog in the utility room.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently i've got a habit of chewing my pillow when i'm asleep. I have one on the side of me that I put my head on sideways, and sometimes there's been like drool all over it and even a hole where i've bitten through.

I must have been dreaming about food or something

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluffy, you were probably dreaming of a giant, tasty marshmellow

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe this... this is a great thread, and I can't particiapte, because nothing like this has happened with me! lol

Pee in the garbage can... and the off button... really funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard somewhere once that men tend to have more violently aggressive dreams than women, but I think I'm the exception to that rule. Now, I don't go randomly beating people up, but if I'm ever in a dream where I'm about to be mugged or robbed or assaulted in any way, I become one wickedly evil person! Maybe I've watched Pulp Fiction one too many times. But... I guess it's better to wake up from a dream with your adrenalin rushing from beating up an attacker, than wake up terrified because you did the "girly" thing and twisted your ankle trying to run away.

Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever notice how, in your dream, you can't seem to run away or yell out? You either run in slow motion, take a couple of steps and fall flat on your face, or are frozen in place. As for shouting in a dream, seems like it only comes out as a whisper or a squeak

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, and you never see through your eyes..at least I don't

It's always like you're somebody else and you're watching yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had nightmares...

I don't seem to remember any dreams either. Only when I was still young <sigh> I could remember dreams. I've written them down too

Funny thing is that I've either such a weird dream that nobody would even try to explain it, or I've a dream in which I'm totally in control, i.e. I can do what I want, although I've never really experimented with it. Maybe a nice idea for next time

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I forgot this but just remembered.

I had this REALLY weird dream last night.

Well I was watching TV (in my dream) and some commercials went on and then all of a sudden a spotster.net commercial pops up..talk about weird! LOL But I'm serious... I actually remember the commercial too sorta

Onto something else..

Sometimes I'll just find myself saying something like "yeah...uh huh" or "hey what's up" or something like that And on camping trips, my brother says I talk in my sleep...wonder about what?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every few months, I have the same dream. I'm swimming, and there is no surface. I am holding my breath (in real life too). I run out of air, I'm afraid I will die. Then I finally breathe. I think to myself, "I can breathe in water!!!" for a few seconds. Then I wake up, out of breath.

Very odd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to have a continuous dream that my teeth would suddenly become loose and I'd spit them out. Ironically, I take excellent care of my teeth and have no cavities see?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sparkie
    I used to have a continuous dream that my teeth would suddenly become loose and I'd spit them out. Ironically, I take excellent care of my teeth and have no cavities see?
    I had a similar dream a long time ago.

For some reason, I was in a fight. One blow to the face and I spit out all my teeth. I remember waking and thinking about dentures for some reason...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I would work out in my sleep. Or at least do something useful, other than dreaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sparkie
    This dream tells you that you probably experienced the day or week before something that made you afraid to lose your teeth. Funny thing of dreams is that they are produced by your subconciousness. Therefore they can give quite reliable information about yourself and the things that occupy your thoughts, although most dreams contain only few or no useful information.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know when I was young, I always dreamed i'd lost my shoes and had to walk around school all day in my socks.

No idea what that means! We need to find one of those dream interpreting things and find out

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fluffy, I have a dream dictionary But you're not going to like its interpretation of your dream.. According to this book, it says:

"to dream of losing your shoes indicates that you are wasting your efforts in unproductive activity"

But if you keep dreaming that dream over and over again, like Elledan says, its something in your subconscious that you might have thought/felt before you started having that dream.

I can't imagine anything that I would have thought of that would make me lose my teeth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparkie, you know what's quite funny? Well, I've dreamed about losing teeth as well, like this one:

In one of my dreams I lost one tooth, but in front of my eyes it changed into something complicated looking, no longer a tooth, but something artificial with lots of tiny wires, flashing lights etc.

I do have an idea why I dream about such things, though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you're half Borg!