SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Git-R-Done
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help With a Form

I've been trying to do this myself for the past couple of hours but I cannot figure it out. It seems so simple but I just keep messing up.

I am trying to make a form that spans on the same page, but shows up seperately in between clicking submit. The first form has two values. If the visitor fills them out correctly, it goes to the next step of the form (that shows a new form on teh same page), but if they don't submit the info correctly it will show the error and the same form below.

Once the values are correctly submitted on the first form, the second form will show and do the same thing. After everything is successfully submitted, the results are emailed to me.

I understand how to do the error checking and emailing, but I can't figure out how to save the values from the first form over to the second (sessions?) and also show one form (with or without the error results) then show the next form (with or without error results).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just need a basic example of if statements and I could figure the rest out.
    John Saunders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post some code coz without it its like being blind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with noddy on this, show us some code.

However...

Maybe one trick you could use is to have a hidden field with the same name on each form (eg: call it 'trigger' and give it the value 'step1' on the first form and 'step2' on the second form), then to figure out which form has been submitted, you just check that value.

To save the values of the first form over to the second, just use the posted variables, if you don't want to show them, put them in a hidden field.

Rik
    English tea - Italian coffee - Maltese wine - Belgian beer - French Cognac