User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with Netscape 7.1

Hi,

I am developing a web based application similar to HTML Builder where the user can type and format his text and the html is generated automatically.

I am facing a problem while saving the page to the server. When the user clicks on save button a new window is opened where values are initialized and then the data is passed to the perl script to save it to a file in the server. When the page goes from the html page to the cgi script it is giving error and windows is closing down the netscape.exe.

I don't know why it is not executing the perl script. I am using POST method for posting.

<form name="form1" action="wsave.cgi" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">

I use document.form1.submit to submit the data to the perl script.

Thanks

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if this only occurs in that specified version of netscape, it is probably a bug in netscape itself.

I would not recommend to use netscape any more because it is not being developed anymore...

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy blufive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a poke around in bugzilla, and it certainly appears that there may be some issues around using enctype values in gecko. Nothing concrete, though. Any chance you can link to a copy of the form, so I can try to reproduce it?