SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a site I did a while ago; this was one of my first sites. It uses a little ColdFusion to add news events and new members. The site is a mod site for the popular game Half-Life. It now gets about 1000 unique visitors a month. Not sure if thatís good or bad. Anyway please check out and let me know what you think.

I am working on a completely new version that will be marketed to more than just one type of game.

Thanks
    -BubbaGump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice design, but the front page is a bit long, you might want to consider making the middle column maximum width, so the page would take up 100% of the browser's space...

Also, the logo is a bit plain, a little more effects would probably make it look cooler.

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great design. Quite fast loading on 56K but nothing amazing - it is a games site, though, so not unnexpected.

I would in fact recommend against using up 100% of the screen, because then you would know how people are viewing it and the lines would never be too long in ultra-high resolutions. I think the main content part is far too small (lines are too small). Consider making it compatible for 800x600 resolutions up since it is the most widely used resolution right now. 640x480 is way too old in my opinion.

Apart from that it seems fine to me.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice page.. Have you tried playing with another color for the background, maybe one that is a shade different than the gray in the middle? It just seems the middle gets washed out with the background.

This page http://performance-concepts.com/xtre...rs/members.cfm is messed up in IE, NS 4.76 and Netscape 6.

I really like your Contact page .. very nice use of color and design. Consider using more of these colors in the rest of the site?

http://performance-concepts.com/xtremeoz/index.htm No title, the bottom graphic is a little messed, looks like its off a couple pixels from the table. It looks good in IE, Netscape 4.x and 6 have problems ..

Nice forum .. looks farmilar ..

I hope this helped

Chuck

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a nice design, although it took a while for your page to load. Everything seems to be organized and you seem to have some good content considering the theme of your website. The colors are a little dark, maybe you could use a light bg color. Good Job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking site. Can I reccomend a couple of things?

I would lose the server IP on the right column. Also, you mentioned that the site was about Half-Life. Perhaps more info on Half-Life and how your site relates to it on the home page.
    Westmich
    Smart Web Solutions for Smart Clients
    http://www.mindscapecreative.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IE 5/1024x768/Win. 98Nice site. I didn't have any problem with the loading time. I'd agree about widening the page. Make the frame 720pixels. Don't change the left or right navigation bars but give the middle, content bar much more space.Not much else to say... Nice page.
    -Nick

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. It loads very quickly on my cable connection.I like the color scheme, and the rollover effect on the buttons to the left.
    http://www.overclockedhardware.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks very good.It loaded very fast on my cable connection.The colors are good, in my opinion.The buttons are also very nice, and the rollover effects are good too.If this is really one of your first websites you have made then I think you'll become a very good webdesigner/webmaster, cause this website looks very good.Thank you.
    Webmaster of Skinsworld.net
    webmaster@skinsworld.net
    www.skinsworld.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,Great website design! Here are a few suggestions:On your logo, the light blue color doesn't look very nice, try changing it to another color and maybe soften it a bit. Putting a form in the contact us section would encourage visitors to send you an email. Adding pictures, bio, email address etc.. to the members list would be nice. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow guys thanks for the great reviews and comments. I thought this thread closed two months ago when I posted it (Laughs). Yeah this was my very first site and it has come along way since I started it though it looked a lot deferent two months ago and will change again here in the next few weeks. The site started out to be just a plain old Game site on a popular Mod for Half-life. Then I started to get a lot of people interested in it and wanted to be members. So I converted the site over to ColdFusion so I could keep a database of all the events and members and also make quick updates to the sites content. So now its time for another design change using a little Flash and a lot more ColdFusion. Well if you want to see the new Look then check out the new links, itís only the first page and Iím still working on the look a little.

-----Clan X-Teme Webtest 1-----

-----Clan X-Teme Webtest 2-----

-----Clan X-Teme Webtest 3-----

Thanks.. Again
    Last edited by BubbaGump; Feb 11, 2001 at 23:18.
    Neal Bailey..........| Email|ICQ 54338088
    Biz Websites .......| Lone Star Classics - Classic Cobra Replicas
    Personal Sites .....| Advanced GraF/X | Xtreme-OZ
    Artwork & Photos | Advanced GraF/X - Artwork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,Just a quick note, I liked the following webpage out of the three: http://www.advancedgrafx.com/temp/test2/index.htm