SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exit Pop Ups

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a reliable network for exit pop ups. I have found several networks that offer regular pop ups and pop under campaigns but can't seem to find a good program for exit pop ups. Any suggestions?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.popuptraffic.com . Do't know if that's what your looking for, but they always pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already use them but they only offer pop ups and pop unders, they do not offer exit pop ups. I would like to find a program that will let me show a pop up ad to my visitors when they leave my site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't know about a network or program, but a JavaScript achieving a popup window upon exit would be easy - would that help?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that would be great TWTCommish, I can find my own ads to put into the pop up.

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allclicks have an exit network which I am a part of atm...
    They only have limited signups, like they have a wave of signups then they close it off, another wave, close it off etc. etc.
    They pay 15$ CPM

It hasnt prvoved as attractive as it seemed. I've made something like 20$ this month, which is 30$ short of the payment total, and I don't want to run them anymore. Maybe, I could give you my account, and you could give me the money ive made when the check comes?

Adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put this in your HEAD tag...

Code:
    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    function popupWindow(url) { window.open(url,'popup','width=525,height=200,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,resizable=no,top=70,left=70'); }
    //-->
    </script>
    Make your BODY tag like this (basically, you can add the onUnLoad attribuet to the body tag if you have other attributes there...link color, background image, etc):

Code:
    <body onUnLoad="popupWindow('page.html');">
    Change the "page.html" accordingly - this will have that page popup at 525x200 pixels when the page is left.

You can change the width and height numbers in the first block of code to change the width and height of the window - the two later numbers that are both set at "70" - that's the number of pixels the window will be from the top and side of the window.

Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that is exactly what I needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problemo - I've used and re-used that code both in my sites, and in posts here for others - glad you're finding use for it.

Good luck with your site!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TWTCommish,

is there a way to have this type of exit pop-up when someone leaves your "site" as opposed to your page but without the extra bit of javascript in each url? is that possible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would involve grabbing the URL, breaking it up, and then checking to see if the domain in use matched yours.

I'm sure I can do this, but it might take awhile. I may be able to find time, but I'm not sure yet!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool, if you do that would be great, no rush though. cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strider, a network worth exploring is AdScholar:
    http://www.adscholar.com

Their "GianStitial" technology (don't you just lurve buzzwords ) pops ads up, but hides them from your visitor until the entire ad has loaded, and the visitor has either left your site or clicked on the popup's tab in their explorer bar.

Pays $4CPM.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try http://www.Neuads.com

Average pay out is over $3
    Looking for webhosting?
    Complete review of hosting services, including dedicated and Cobalt Raqs.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEuads is not accepting any more publishers accept for their exit ads....too bad...seems promising.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um you think? no contact info anywhere on the site bar an email address.. and design not hugeuly professional, havn't heard much about it either?

p.s. virtuetech.. assume you are same person from gossamer/vbulletin a way to get pop-ups to load every 20 page views or something inside vbulletin with the new session tags (ie a different pop-up company each time) would be nice... could be quite a high revenue generator.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Padders,

Yes its me

I have been looking for new ways to make the advertisers happy recently. They have been unhappy with the click through rates.

I saw someone in the past talking about depending on the amount of posts in a thread..having a banner show up half way down the thread.

So if it is a 30 post thread..the banners shows up after the 15th post.

In regards to neuads: I also noticed that the site is defnitely unprofessional. That is a big turn off.

actualaffiliate
    SitePoint Community Guest
    If you are looking for an affiliate network that uses popup exit ads you can take a look at cyberbounty. If you click on a referral link and people close the window,they open a small pop-up with a new offer (using your referral link ).

People have told me that their increase of revenue was enormous using this technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about this technique:

Set your index page up as a single pane frame with the exit/pop-up traffic code in it...in theory the visitor would only get the exit/pop-up when the visitor actually closed the host frame...not when they traversed from one page to the next on your site. The disadvantage to this idea is your visitor would only get the exit/pop-up if the accessed "index.html" and triggered the frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or does anyone else find any type of ad which opens a new window (pop-up, pop-under, exit popup) extremely annoying?

Then you get those people who make 3 or 4 windows open.

When people have links to other web sites on their pages, I actually prefer them to open a new window, but the ads just turn me right off!

Opinions anyone?
    Brad Culbert
    SQL Server 2005 Books
    www.SQLServer2005Books.com - Reader-rated SQL Server 2005 Books

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry Wilmot, most people don't like popup. But webmasters use it as the last chance to earn some $$$ before the surfers leave (mostly with no return)

Any site that uses such trick 99% won't get my second visit.
    - Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilmot, Son,

Thanks for those posts. For a while there I thought I was the only one with an objection to having ads popped up at me.

Seems to me the only real effective ad revenue is text links. Is anyone using them, and if so, is it working?

Greg Moore
    akashik.networks
    webhosting services

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're getting a little off topic if we start to talk about text links within this thread but yes, they can be very effective when used well.

Free stuff sites have known for years that CPA text links can offer greater effective CPMs than banners, if integrated seamlessly within the site's contents. Others, such as celebrity sites, make a killing from AllClicks and TrashTraffic's blind links, but stating "Click here for a picture of Britney in a bikini", or similar.

As with all advertising methods, the effectiveness of text links will vary based on which ads you select, and how you integrate these into your design. Keep in mind that all of these are results-based (I've yet to see a CPM-based text link), so you will need to actively experiment with placement and context in order to achieve the best results.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    erk.

Yes, sorry about going OT. To bring it together though *lol* I wonder if something more effective than those awful popup boxes could be used. Would it be possible for someone to build a script that firstly detects when someone actually leaves a site instead of a page, then when they do offer something a little more presentable.

If anyone is familiar with the 'Overlib' script they'll know it produces a layer, not a pop-up. If something like that could be built (maybe a seriously CSS'd window or something), with a small text type link, or 'blurb'

Just thinking aloud I suppose, but there must be something on offer out there by now other than these nasty pop-up things.

Greg Moore
    akashik.networks
    webhosting services

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the revenue I generate with my affiliation with Search123...most of my additional "ad" revenue comes from text links. I toyed around with exit traffic utilizing ExitFuel but I don't really care for these type of programs myself so I discontinued its use...and yet I find myself sometimes wondering if I'm ever going to produce enough revenue without resorting to this type of system to go full-time to web publishing. Unfortunately it seems that it is getting to the point that about the only dependable revenue stream is from some sort of exit, pop-up, pop-under, or similar programs. As web publishers (myself included) are faced with a continually downward spiraling revenue stream from traditional sources most are being forced to make some kind of concession. However, what I fear is that sooner or later even exit traffic revenue streams will deteriorate...then what?