SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Just telling you that a scheduled chat is starting in 20-30 minutes, so please come and visit us
    The topic is something I know has been discussed in the forums a bit recently, so I hope you like it: The Microsoft .NET Initiative.

To attend, either:
    http://sitepointforums.com/chat.php

connect to "irc.webmaster.com" using mIRC or a similar IRC client and join channel #sitepoint.

Come on everyone, lets try and get a record attendance here

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it would be better if we had a bit more notice? I would've come in but I was eating my soup then.

How about a day's notice...?

mouse monkey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

This chat has actually been planned for quite a while, they happen nearlly every week now and to check look at the calender. The chats are also usually anounced in the SitePoint Feedback forum, not sure if this was one but I'm sure everyone will let you of for not knowing seen as you have just returned . Maybee SitePoint should consider sending emails out to members to announce the chats are post it more obviously, we were actually talking about this in the chat as only about 5 people was there.
    <Edited by Fletch on 12-30-2000 at 05:09 PM>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a weeks notice here in General Chat would be best. A lot of people may not look in the SitePoint Feedback forum, and I don't usually look at the Calendar myself. If you were to post here with the name of the scheduled chat and a link to where it is in the Calendar, I am sure that more people would look at the Calendar, and maybe incorporate it into their SPF Routine after a while.

Also, perhaps you could make a "reply-a-day" in the post concerning that scheduled chat, to constantly bring it back to the top and make sure everybody sees it.

Just my 2p

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, the topic was discussed for about 2 minutes and then it was dropped. I didn't find it too interesting anyway. Oh well.

exit();
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could the next chat be on open source projects?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could also have a Linux installathon where the people who know how to use Linux help everyone else get it installed. It'd be fun but everyone would need a spare computer to install Linux on. (Get a cheap 486 for $30 off eBay like I did and you'll thank yourself!)

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This chat was announced before Christmas, and it was made public over in SP Feedback I believe.
    But you are right, not everyone looks in there.
    I was going to post this thread in the morning, but SP was down for the first time ever so I couldn't
    It got posted as soon as I could access the site again.
    OK so for the next scheduled chat I will give you plenty of notice
    mkaufman --> OK I will schedule one on Open Source Projects for you Might not be the next one because Wayne or one of the others might have already thought of something but certianly in the next couple of weeks.

The idea of keeping a thread on the top of the forum view has been implemented in vB 2 - called "Sticky Threads" or "topping and detopping", so we can hopefully make good use of that functionality when vB 2 comes around.
    qslack --> if you can find a few people willing to do it then tell me and I'll try and do one I'd be willing to take part

Thanks for your comments everyone