SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

footer positioned absolutely at the page bottom

Can anyone help with positioning a footer at the bottom of a webpage - stationary and absolute so everything scrolls down behind the footer. I'd plan on having necessary links and contact info in the footer which I want to be Always displayed.
    Thanks very very much for your help. I'm guessing something with positioning absolute but I haven't a clue how to write it and then use it.
    I did see a reference to an absolute footer once but can't find it again.

ArthurE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use fixed positioning, in which case the footer would always be at the bottom of the page, but then you'd want some padding on the bottom of the content to ensure that no content is hidden behind the footer at the bottom. This feature wouldn't work in Internet Explorer, unfortunately.

Alternatively you could have your main content pane scrollable, by setting the overflow to scroll. Then merely position the footer below the content pane.

And finally, you can use frames, but since one of the methods above should prove more than satisfactory, I don't see why you would want to go this route.
    Love it? Hate it? Helpful? Useless?
    Use the rate button to let me know what you think of my post!