User Tag List

Thread: CSS Training

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CSS Training

There's a bit of money in our budget for training so I'm looking for CSS training classes in the Washington, DC metro area. So far I've found two companies, EEI Communications and Westlake Internet Training. Is anyone familiar with them at all, or does anyone know of any other Internet training company in my area that would possibly offer CSS classes?

Thanks
    tormeadgirl

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tormeadgirl
    There's a bit of money in our budget for training so I'm looking for CSS training classes in the Washington, DC metro area. So far I've found two companies, EEI Communications and Westlake Internet Training. Is anyone familiar with them at all, or does anyone know of any other Internet training company in my area that would possibly offer CSS classes?

Thanks
    tormeadgirl
    You could save your company some your money if you wanted by learning straight off the web. Check out http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

It's free and if you want you can take the certification exam (costs $$). I personally would use online resources and if you wanted, maybe a book, because in all honesty, CSS isn't all that hard, and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, save the money. Any CSS training course available probably won't teach you anything you can't pick up on your own in a few hours. If you want to learn from a non-online source, I recommend getting books like Eric Meyer on CSS.

Ensure you finish what you sta bronze trophy John Colby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree with both of these. The way I teach CSS is to get people to do it. And add that if you can still get it, Briggs, O. et al. (2002) Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation. ISBN: 1904151043. Birmingham, UK: Glasshaus. is very good - although Glasshaus went bust in February. The royalties I'm owed for my book bit with them I'll never see.
    John
    No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission
    or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and
    some may have enjoyed the experience.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Colby
    I'd agree with both of these. The way I teach CSS is to get people to do it. And add that if you can still get it, Briggs, O. et al. (2002) Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation. ISBN: 1904151043. Birmingham, UK: Glasshaus. is very good - although Glasshaus went bust in February. The royalties I'm owed for my book bit with them I'll never see.
    I actually have that book. Two thumbs up! Great examples, great teaching, etc. Definitely recommend it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmann
    You could save your company some your money if you wanted by learning straight off the web. Check out http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    You need to be a bit careful, sites like are excellent reference sites, however while covering valid format and available attribute values they rarely cover how to use CSS.

For instance (and I could be wrong on this) w3schools kind of explains what the float attribute does, but it does explain that when used on a div containing text you have to give the div a width in order to be standards complient.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenANFA
    You need to be a bit careful, sites like are excellent reference sites, however while covering valid format and available attribute values they rarely cover how to use CSS.

For instance (and I could be wrong on this) w3schools kind of explains what the float attribute does, but it does explain that when used on a div containing text you have to give the div a width in order to be standards complient.
    Very true, which is why I think a printed source is a good idea. Most are in depth, and if you want you can find reference material (CSS Bible, etc). But I understand what you mean.