User Tag List

Thread: footer location

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

footer location

Hello everyone. First of all, let me tell you that I'm new to here. I saw this site and I think it's awesome to have this kind of assistance for any problem that emerges. Now here's the background to my problem. I'm designing a website with php. I am calling a template from within each page to construct the navigation bar and the background. The template that is called uses an external css file to define the background image. On each of the pages that the template is called, I also call a footer template, which is just a horizontal line followed by the copyright information. This works fine, but the position of that footer will not remain in a static position throughout the website. So this is my problem.. how do I align a footer to either the bottom of a page or with absolute positioning so that the footer will not move throughout the page? Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very hard to make a proposal without seeing your code. How does your main content look like, is it a multiple column layout or just one? Also where exactly do you want your footer, adjacent to your main content or do you mean at the bottom of the browser window?
    This all isn't clear, best post a link to what you have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have header-content-footer styled site with no columns, this can be handy. If you havea site that has columns, this could be used with some improvements.

http://www.sitepointforums.com/showthread.php?t=138405