User Tag List

Thread: Statistics

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistics

I am re-evaluating our current proposal format and one of the different formats I am considering would call for including impact statistics.

Is anyone aware of any sites out there that provides market research available for viewing/downloading at no cost or a nominal fee? Some of us aren't exactly big enough to afford our own market research so I am hoping something exists out there along these lines.

Basically I am looking for statistics in regards to the financial impact that having a Web site creates. General stuff such as:
    Sales +/- after and before having a e-commerce enabled Web site
    Employee Costs +/- after having a automated site that cuts the functions/time of traditional staff
    Marketing costs:awareness +/- after and before at site etc.

Basically any type of generalized statistics in relation to having a site and not having a site. Also, if something more specific exists in relation to re-designing an existing site to perform more professionally... I would appreciate that as well.
    Best Regards,
    Jeffrey A. Rambo
    Brandergy: advertising + design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in my opinion, case studies are the way to go. you cant find a general statistic on how effective adding ecommerce can be because it completely depends on the company, industry, target market, advertising...too many factors to isolate a single statistic. rather, take a site that you did for a client and check back frequently to see how the sales are increasing (or whatever else was the main goal of the website). Saying "A year ago i did a redesign for Company A wich included ecommerce, and online sales grew 25%, an added $50,000/year" is much better than "on average, ecommerce usually increases sales by %5." all you need to remember is to add that these cant be achieved all the time and it depends on many factors, they are just proof of your experience and shouldnt be used as a guarantee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a useful stat
    Qwest did a study that showed that response rates to Yellow Page ads rose by 40% when accompanied by a URL. This concept carries through to all print advertising.
    MaFunk