Thread: outlook 2000 ?

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi --

I am using Outlook 2000 and am trying to configure it to achieve this:

When I click on a mailto: link at a site, Outlook is set as my default email client, so it automatically activates when I click the email link. However, it does not open up a blank new email template. Almost defeating the purpose since I have to then copy and paste the address from the site.

How do I get Outlook to set up a blank new email template with the to: address filled in from the mailto: link at a site?! Again, all it does now is activate the Outlook 2000 program.

Thanks for any help.

Josh

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a problem with your Outlook 2000 installation, since it is normally supposed to open up a new message. Try reinstalling Outlook 2000 and that should fix your problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your problem is simply Outlook 2000 is not configured to be your default e-mail client. To fix this in IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs > and change the default e-mail clients to Outlook, from whatever you have there now.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Outlook IS my default email and this is why the issue is even more perplexing:

When I click on a mailto: link, Outlook does maximize itself, BUT DOESN'T open a new email template with the address filled in...

Josh