SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Online Ticketing

I work for a ski resort and I have been asked to sell lift tickets online. Our ski season will start any time in the next couple of weeks based on the weather.

We offer 5 different tickets per day m-f and on the weekends 5 different prices. My idea of the Process: User chooses a date(s) (because we have different prices on weekends and we want to have the lift tickets preprinted for quick pick up at an express ticket window after purchase), proceed to Choose ticket types & number or tickets and proceed to check out. User gets a confirmation page to print out with a unique #.

Backend: After check out the transaction is uploaded to a database we download each morning to preprint tickets and organize for quick ticket pick up. The database will include name # and type of tickets, Unique # so that we can verify that the person really did purchase the tickets.

We have merchant accounts.

I need a quick solution to sell tickets online without breaking the bank. Any one have any solutions? My idea was Yahoo Stores. I know it will be a lot of work since our ski season is 100-120 days long x 5 tickets per day. I don't know if it is doable so I am asking for other options besides a custom programming job.

Thanks
    Colorspots
    http://www.eransworld.com -bored look at my boring website

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PayPal might work for you. It's fairly easy and flexible.
    Pricetack - sell your goods with automatic markdowns

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought about paypal but we don't want people to have to sign up for a service. It might chase people away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your only option would be some custom programming. Fortunately for you, this does not seem like a hard task and you should be able to have it done fairly cheaply (under $1000).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes DeMoney
    I think your only option would be some custom programming. Fortunately for you, this does not seem like a hard task and you should be able to have it done fairly cheaply (under $1000).
    Yeah I am affraid you are right. However since they want it now and not when I suggested it for the last 2 years it puts me under a time constraint plus no budget for it. Robert Redford may make a boat load of cash. he runs his business's like Joseph Stalin.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    colorspots

I was looking at your situation and we may have a solution...although I am going to have to verify with IT. We have a shopping cart sytem and a PIN id system...if we could use both of them in tandem, then you could add all the different tickets into the shopping cart (i.e. weekday, 5 items & weekend, 5 items) and use the PIN system to give the unique ID's to the client.

Let me know if that makes sense for you. If it does, then I will either confirm our current ability to do this or possibly try and get that functionality built into our system. (The latter would prove difficult but if you expect enough volume, it would be worth it to us.)

Cheers
    James
    -----
    james