SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post xDynamicWindow

i made this fancy little widget, based on x

http://www.kyberfabrikken.dk/opensource/xDynamicWindow/

there are a few scripts out there, that does this, but they are quite ugly, and doesn't allow for styling much.

feedback/bugreports are most welcome in this forum. esp. people with exotic browsers.

if anybody has a suggestion as how to get the borderwidth of a dragable element i x i'm allso very interested (isn't this actually a shortcomming/bug of x ?)

cheers
    /troels

I'll take mine raw silver trophy MikeFoster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi troels,

Thanks for using X!

xDynamicWindow is very slick - great work!

I've been having computer problems so I'm not online much lately - and I haven't had a chance to look at your code. But here's a few quick thoughts...

The functions xWidth() and xHeight() are not equivalent to the CSS width and height properties. xWidth() and xHeight() effectively provide read and write access to the native offsetWidth and offsetHeight properties which include padding and border width/height. (I need to include this description in the new X reference )

To see how X determines padding and border width/height look at the functions xSetCW() and xSetCH() - which are called by xWidth() and xHeight().

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when a layer is resized, it seems like the browser reloads the images (probably depending on browsers caching-options ... ie does, moz doesn't).
    i figure this is because the entire html of the layer is rewritten or something - is this true, and do you have any idea how to work around it ?

I'll take mine raw silver trophy MikeFoster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm testing on Win2K with IE 6.0 and Firebird 0.6.1. It's working very well in both.

Quote Originally Posted by troels
    when a layer is resized, it seems like the browser reloads the images (probably depending on browsers caching-options ... ie does, moz doesn't).
    I don't see that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by troels
    i figure this is because the entire html of the layer is rewritten or something - is this true, and do you have any idea how to work around it ?
    Your script is not doing that is it? Do you just mean that the html is "reflowed" or "re-rendered"?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your script is not doing that is it? Do you just mean that the html is "reflowed" or "re-rendered"?
    i suppose it is just "reflowed" ... i guess i somehow configured my ie to not cache anything. in firebird it doesn't "forget" the background-image for the window-toolbar ... but it does in ie - it just takes a fragment of a second to get the image again from the server, but that's enough time to be able to see it.