SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in hiring a search engine positioning service as I do not have time myself to maintain a high ranking. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what service I should go with? Cost is definitely an issue as I am just opening my store. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With many of the major engines/directories now charging $200 just to get listed I wonder on the value of positioning services.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can consider going with either http://www.1stSearchRanking.com or http://www.coastalsites.com - both these companies are reasonably priced and offer specific guarantees of the positions that they can achieve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only suggestion is that you look at what type of service you are receiving.

There are many ways to provide and price search engine optimization service.

What kind of package were you looking for?
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want my store and information site (two different sites) ranked high in the key search engines for specific keywords.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ur best best is to just use goto.com.

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll really need a combination of everything. It's true that many engines are now charging $199 to be included in their listings, but even that does not guarantee you a high rank.

Your web site still needs to be optimized properly.

Some people have the time to learn to do this themselves. There are several good web sites on the net devoted to this topic as well as quite a few search engine forums. However, most developers are simply too busy to master this part of web development.

For those individuals, a good search engine optimization service can be very cost effective.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a client reference and find out what keywords/phrases the service provided them, when they did their work and how they position today. There are lots of ways to make the guarantee work... 20 words and 25 top 30 positions...

Think about it... 14 engines provides 14x30=420 chances. Adding the 20 words... 420x20=8,400 chances.... good odds for the service provider. No guarantee that your most important words are going to place well.

If you can get a guarantee for your 2 most important phrases in the top ten of say 7 of the 14 engines... you'll be getting a guarantee.

Also, the service provider needs to tell you how much competition you have. I have a Ford site that competes against aggressive companies. They need constant attention to maintain position. My sand tire client needs almost no maintenance because he has little to no competition. How often will you have to redo your pages because your competition redid theirs?

How much income will your visitors bring you? How many dollars of profit and what percent of your profit is dedicated to advertising? Consider that some companies are spending $100,000 plus per month on news paper ads that are almost untrackable and less than $1,000 per month on a web site where you can get hard numbers and know you are justified what you spend. Just as newspapers have a “readers count” that is 2.5 times their circulation, which is bogus no matter what they say, so to do web site optimizers. Getting you a #1 position on a word no one looks for doesn't do much. The difference is that you can check your site’s keywords to see if they will do their job and have a possiblity of being worth the cost of optimizing.

I have done some positioning where I based the fees on the change in site traffic. However I base the fees, I can provide you information on how to know what can work and what will probably not work before we try to optimize a page for a given keyword.

If you are interested in more information on how to get traffic to your site and an idea of how much traffic you should see… you can contact me.

removethispartAlanC@DolphinAd.com
    Dynamic HTML - Is that a Frisbee based language...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone talks about "position" but the actual ranking depends on the search phrase used. One word more or less can have totally different search results.

You need to be sure of the types of searches most people are doing that you want to come up under. Then you can design your meta tags and content for those searches. Otherwise you're just shooting in the dark.
    Ocean View Host - Affordable web hosting plans for any business.
    Modern Technology, Old Fashioned Value & Service!
    U.S. Merchant Services - Reliable merchant account services for all business!
    Quality People Providing A Quality Service!