SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict jpease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the network.
    Posts
    217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How much commission for leads?

    I have a couple "sales" guys that I know from past business dealings. They come in contact with a lot of business people, and I would like to offer them a commission on any leads they send my way that turn into paid jobs.

    This would not be an employee, nor a "sales person" specifically for my company. Strictly leads, where I will be doing all the follow up / closing work.

    My question: How much is a fair commission for such? I want to be fair and generous, but I don't want to be stupidly generous.

    Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Shiny Content! Pandrogas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool It Depends...

    jpease,

    It really depends on how much you're making on the sales.
    If it's marginal stuff, then just taking them out to lunch might
    suffice. Otheriwise, for much larger sales that come from good,
    solid leads, then I don't know, say $50.00 - $200.00 could work.

    Like I said, it depends on the price.
    But then again, that's just my opinion.

    Thanks,
    Matthew Gowdy
    Seer Interactive
    Matthew Gowdy---AKA---Pandrogas
    SeerNET: Various Geekery All Around

    Contact Information: E-Mail - AIM: Pandrogas

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict jpease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    In the network.
    Posts
    217
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking something more along the lines of a set percentage. Is there an industry standard for this sort of thing?

    I was thinking maybe 7.5% of the total project. That sort of seems high to me, but on the other hand getting 92.5% of a job that I wouldn't have otherwise gotten still sounds good - plus I want to motivate these guys to actually seek out good leads.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Addict Sgt. Baboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    396
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a set commission of 5% for every project that gets a signed contract. So, if someone a company to me, and they sign a $2000 contract, the referrer gets $100.

    It's simple and straightfoward and seems to work for me.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •