SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U.K. Project Creates Dilemma!

I hope this is the correct thread to post this, but....

I have received an offer of a good website project for a company based in London. They have also referred two other organizations looking for similar projects. Here is my dilemma. I am based in Florida, USA. They are aware of this and due to the Web's capabilities communications shouldn't be a great problem. However, I am seriously considering whether or not open a "division" of my US company in the UK, or to hire/partner with a an existing UK-based Web design company.

It would be nice to have a UK representative to assist with UK sales and help with dev work. I will be in London the week of January 12th, so I'll have an opportunity to act over there either way.

Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really depends on your business situation.

If you can afford another (UK-based) developer and your business requires that you find one, than you most certainly should.

The bottom line is ROI -- if you would need to spend $100k per year to hire a developer who would make you an additional $20k, it's not worth it. If you will make more money by hiring help, it is!