User Tag List

Thread: Blue Text?

SitePoint Enthusiast SoccerCheese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Text?

I've been working on a site for my company, and a recent problem has cropped up, and I think it has more to do with my computer than the html.
    On my computer, the text shows up in blue...but I didn't specify that anywhere. I specified a font color with black and it changed it, and every other computer in the company that I've tested it with the text is black.
    If you want to check it out the url is http://web7.glhuyett.com any other thoughts about the look, navigation, etc. would be appreciated...but please let me know if the text is blue for you or not!
    Note: I think this text color happens when i type in a search in Google, and I've seen it on some MSN stories too...but I can't figure out where to change it!
    I want to tell you a story, about a little man, if I can
    A gnome named Grimble Cromble, little gnomes stay in their homes...

SitePoint Enthusiast SiteBuilderNet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do all sites have blue text or just your company site? What browser?

Text is not blue here. This may help. If you are using IE, go to TOOL>INTERNET OPTIONS, then click COLORS on the bottom left. Check the "Use Windows Colors" box.

Also, the font color is not specified in your source. Might want to add a color="#000000" to your font tag, but it still should be black if you do not specify it so it does seem something is changing it.
    Mark Givens - Sitebuildernet
    A brand new web development community.

SitePoint Enthusiast SoccerCheese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using IE 6. Thanks for the tip about colors that did it (man, I couldn't find that anywhere, right in front of my face too ). I actually had to uncheck the box. I guess the theme I have changed the Windows colors, but I haven't actually seen it anywhere on my system (weird). Do you know where I can change them back? In the Display Properties maybe?
    Yea I didn't specify the font color in the source, that's why I was confused...but it's all good now. Thanks!

If anyone has any comments about the site please let me know. I think it would work best in IE4+ at 800 x 600 (Firebird for windows seemed to do ok on my machine though). The next version I'm going to implement more CSS and make it browser friendly for other programs (Mozilla, Opera and Netscape). Any comments like, "The plane is all jacked up in Netscape 6" or something like that would be great.

The more the merrier!
    I want to tell you a story, about a little man, if I can
    A gnome named Grimble Cromble, little gnomes stay in their homes...

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using red to emphasise words is a bad readability choice, especially against the current background colour. Makes it potentially harder to read due to lowish contrast. Try plain oldfashioned bold or strong. Similarly, on the products, links etc pages, the link hover colour is low contrast against the background and so harder to read.

It looks okay at 800x600.