User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking E-Commerce system help

lo people,

I am currently looking for an e-commerce solution for my site. I have a site deisgn etc, but coding isn't one of my strong points, I need the following questions answered if possible.

1) A user comes to the site, decides to sell their item for a flat fee. They fill in their details, then proceed to pay the set fee. The item is always the same, as is the price. The fee is then processed and the users details go live, I don't need anything as elaborate as a shopping cart as its always the same item. Has anyone seen something that resembles that, if not could someone make one (for a fee of course) that would integrate into my site seamlessly?

2) I believe I would need something like paypal to process those payments but I don't like paypal as it doesn't convey a professional image imo. So being based in the UK could someone suggest a good alternative.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

BA
    you tryin' say... two blokes like us wear bras?

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.2checkout.com - you can use with one or several products, and they have a free shopping cart if you ever need it. It will also integrate into the design of your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curiuos Black Artist, are you wanting to accept the money on behalf of the seller from the buyer, take a portion of the proceeds & then give the rest to the seller?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go for a hosted solution... that is turnkey. It's worht a small monthly fee to not have to deal with the hardware / software issues. There are many strong platforms that will meet your objectives.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BA

I am not sure exactly your requirements. Could you clarify Corey's question - are you basically looking to have a shopping portal where 3rd parties can sell their items?

Let us know so we can help you.

Cheers
    James
    -----
    james