SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Graphic Breadcrumbs?

Is there a way to swap images on a nav bar that is a library item? I would like the link to swap to Frame2 when the visitor is on that page? Is this possible?

Thanks
    signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or more specifically, you haven't given us enough information to be able to guess at what the problem is let alone solve it.

How about a more detailed description and a link to the page that has the problem.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I want to do, let me know if this is possible. I want to create a button and turn that button into a library item so it can be easily updated. The problem is I want this button/ library item to swap frames on certain pages to act as a marker. Example, the button "home" should swap to frame2 on the home page so the user knows where they are. Can you do this with a swap image?
    signature

Ensure you finish what you sta bronze trophy John Colby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm still none the wiser.

Some questions.

1) What do you mean by library item? As in Dreamweaver perhaps?
    2) Are you talking about a code fragment that can be reused?
    3) Is this a button as in <button> in <form> or is it a graphic that you're calling a button?
    4) Why should the user know where they are if you switch to frame 2 (whatever that is) on the home page?
    5) What, in your definition, is a swap image?
    6) Can you, as BenANFA has requested, provide some sort of page link that we can look at so that we can get a clue?
    John
    No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission
    or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and
    some may have enjoyed the experience.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, this in dreamweaver. Sorry, I should have mentioned this. Lets say the buttons on the top of this page are library items. I want the forums button (library item) to display only the rollover state on all the pages that fall under the category forums. So when I build the navigation into a main template, I don't have to go back to each page and delete the button and place a "dummy" button of the rollover state. I can just stick a line of code in the html to do it for me. Does this make sense?

Thanks for your patience and help
    signature

Ensure you finish what you sta bronze trophy John Colby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pablohoney26
    Yes, this in dreamweaver. Sorry, I should have mentioned this. Lets say the buttons on the top of this page are library items. I want the forums button (library item) to display only the rollover state on all the pages that fall under the category forums. So when I build the navigation into a main template, I don't have to go back to each page and delete the button and place a "dummy" button of the rollover state. I can just stick a line of code in the html to do it for me. Does this make sense?
    Well, questions in order:

1) Dreamweaver, we've established.
    2) Are you talking about a code fragment that can be reused? Probably.
    3) Is this a button as in <button> in <form> or is it a graphic that you're calling a button? Graphic.

Right, now for the last three:

4) Why should the user know where they are if you switch to frame 2 (whatever that is) on the home page?

Irrelevant now.

5) What, in your definition, is a swap image?

I think this may be a graphic that you're using, either as a CSS rollover or a Javascript rollover. Which is it?

6) Can you, as BenANFA has requested, provide some sort of page link that we can look at so that we can get a clue?

Still stands, because I still don't have a clue what you really want.

As I understand it libraries in Dreamweaver contain code that you can pull in and use in web pages. Unless things have changed in later versions of DW than I have, this is static code, so you pull in the code and modify it according to how you want to use it.
    John
    No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission
    or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and
    some may have enjoyed the experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like he has a bunch of little icons for his navigation and each has a rollover state (a different image, I guess). So am I right in thinking that you want to have that second image (the one you see onmouseover) display instead of the default one when you are on that page? If so, it would be a little CSS and some server-side scripting. Here is an example:
    The HTML
    Code:
      <a href="#" class="here">Home</a><br>
      <a href="#">Forums</a>
    The CSS
    Code:
      a:link, a:visited {
      	color: #000;
      	text-decoration: none;
      	}

a:hover, a:active {
      	color: #0f0;
      	}

a.here {
      	color: #0f0;
      	}
    Tell us if thats what you meant and show us how you do the rollovers, maybe someone can help you implement this into your code.
    Travis Watkins - Hyperactive Coder
    My Blog: Realist Anew
    Projects: Alacarte - Gnome Menu Editor