SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of this name

First off, DON'T STEAL IT! j/k, well seriously, I would rather you not.

Anyways, scanning tons of sites and noticing how many out there are not standards compliant, or not even close, I know there is a message the w3c is trying to communicate, but alot design companies don't know about it and if they do, they don't follow it. Plus, alot of the design companies in question (For the central Indiana location) just don't seem to be all that great. Well, I came up with a name for the Central Indiana area that I think has a nice ring to it, its called indystandards.com

A design site that specializes in building visually strong websites, but making them standards compliant and focusing on how a website that is standards compliant not only is smaller in file size, but can be promoted easier (with cleaner code and search engines), maintained easier, and can be accessible with many electronic devices. You could say, try accessing So and So's website with a palm pilot. OH, it didn't work, well try accessing one of our clients... blah blah. I dont' know, just an idea I had.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Bryan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds fine, but remember that most businesspeople won't care about standards, nor will they probably care to read about them. All a client wants is a nice looking site they can show their customers or get new business from, so make sure you play that up as well if you plan on getting work from this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks V

I know what you mean. Some stuff I have to think about. Wouldn't mind some additional feedback though from everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jag5311
    That is a shining example of best practices in the Web Design industry .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is another one I am looking at right now, I am sending them my resume. They don't practice standards, but quality wise, they look pretty nice
    http://www.kristianandersen.com/ clean, simple, straight forward. I still like my idea though