SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Webhost 4 Sale

Greetings,

Here is some additional information about our company:

We've been around since 2001. We have a well established reputation among our clients, as well as among members of different forums.

There are 47 websites hosted total. The yearly income of the company is around $2,300. However every month we get a new client just referred by an excisting customer, not mentioning all other sources.

We have provided an outstanding customer support, so we never had any support compains from our clients.

Around 30 of the clients are on the yearly plans, and the rest are being charged monthly. There are also some clients who had purchased a domain name through us. Most of the clients are on very reasoble hosting plans, however there are few who got a promotional discounts.

The main reason to sell the company is just because we want to get out of hosting business. I aplogize for not giving you exact figures yet, however I am sure you do understand the reasons.

Please send me your responses to the information provided to glapt@yahoo.com Also, I do not want to put a price tag, so please send me your approximate. reasonable offer so we could proceed further.

Warmest Regards,
    CEO

glapt@yahoo.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd probably be better off posting this in the Marketplace; I've reported it for you.

Hopefully you'll find some interest there.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. $2300 per year or $2300 per month?

How many servers do you have? Leased or owned?
    Do clients pay monthly or yearly?
    where are your servers located?
    Twin Dreams, Inc.
    www.twindreams.com - Professional Website Development
    www.sharky.com - Sharky's Grilling Forums!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glapt
    The yearly income of the company is around $2,300.

*Grumble*Stupid three character limit...*Grumble*

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for your responses. As for the server, I wouldn't want to post such information in forum. If you would still like obtain such info, please contact me at glapt@yahoo.com and I'll be more than happy to give you details.

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    Hmm. $2300 per year or $2300 per month?

How many servers do you have? Leased or owned?
    Do clients pay monthly or yearly?
    where are your servers located?
    I was gonna ask exactly same thing because I thought the amount was a typo. $2300 per year from 47 websites makes approx $4 per website per month. That does not make any sense to me.

When thinking what keeping a webserver up-to-date costs: all the overall management work, backups, new hardware, when errors happen etc I think you would not make profit even if the amount would be $2300 per month.

Could you tell more about those contracts you do, because I think it would be a nasty swamp to jump in for a new owner if you have made long contracts which cannot be changed. Or do you just offer the hosting and someone else takes care of the server management?

Could you be a bit more specific because otherwise it makes one think that you want to get rid of the hosting because it's such a bad business. Or did you mean $2300 is yearly profit, meaning the amount of cash that's left after the expenses?

-Z-

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good points, I would like to know answers to the questions above also. Main things to mention when selling a hosting business are:
    • How many clients do you have?
    • What are they paying currently (annually, monthly and how much)?
    • If there are several different plans, break down a table with number of customers at each price plan (and show disk space / data transfer allocated to them)
    • How long have they all been customers
    • How many support requests you get per month
    • How many clients leave per month
    • How many clients signup per month
    • Do you currently have a reseller account or dedicated server (or something else?)
    • Will the clients need to be moved off the server / plan or can the plan just be transferred to the new owner? (i.e. change the name on the account, change the billing info)
    That's all I can think of right now... if you can provide this information send me an email at beley@sitepointforums.com as I am interested in purchasing your business/client base.

Thanks!

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and it is different to sell the business and the clients. If you are selling the entire business provide information such as the website (to see the design, etc.), what software you are using (i.e. modernbill, clientexec), etc.

Thanks...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your responses. I have answered all questions individually by email.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that I have the exact same questions. Also profit / loss is of interest to me.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright