SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

google search engine

I want to have a Google search engine or any engine for my site. My site is about gather of links so the user can access to my site to find useful URL(S). Each page keeps growing. Right now is 95kb for one page. Also each page has 5- 7 different sub categories and many links to go with it . If I divide each sub-category URL link on a different page. like, if he clicks one subcategory, the url link page pop ups in a different window. I am not too sure if a Google search engine can locate links like this way. Is it possible?

I am obstructing justice. bronze trophy fatnewt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a bit confused by your post - I'm assuming whether or not you're asking if Google will follow a link that opens in a new window?

If so, then it depends. Google will follow a standards link that has an a href="URL" part to it. If your href attribute contains any JavaScript, then no. it won't be followed. If it contains a URL, and the new window is opened via the target attribute, or javascript in the onclick (or another external method), then yes.

In other words:

<a href="http://www.site.com/"> (with a target/onclick/etc.) is Good!

<a href="javascript:somecodewithurl"> is Bad! - for more reasons than just search engines.

Since this is began in the accessibility/usability forum (although it should probably be moved), i'd like to recommend that you don't force the opening of new windows. leave that up to the user.
    Colin Temple [twitter: @cailean]
    Web Analyst at Napkyn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a place to download free and paid for PHP scripts that create directory type structures:

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...ing/index.html
    work: revs | ecru
    reviews: films | mp3s
    projects: Glastonbury Tor | London IT support

Forensic SEO Consultant Webnauts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but I think this thread is not in the right forum.