User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist Backlinker1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low Volume CC in the UK

Hi all.
    I am having problems sorting out what to do about CC acceptance for a UK based membership site ( not my sig line site )

I am opening up a membership section shortly but am working on the basis that once the initial flush of new members ( who are already waiting ) is over the joining figures will be no more than 10 - 12 a month for a while and then slowly build up.

This poses a problem with CC processing and getting the money from them to me. With the exception of worldpay ( to expensive ) all the processors I know of are US/Canada based. I am almost certainly going to go with Paysystems but that means either they post a cheque each week/fortnight to the UK which then has to clear ( takes ages ? ) or I have to pay $10-15 to have the funds wired to my bank account. This would wipe out the entire payment if I only have one new member that week

Are there any other low volume UK based users out there ? What are you doing ?

Graham
    Regards. Graham
    Buy, Sell, Talk And Learn About Antique British Ceramics.
    Abcir.org -
    Ceramtique.com - AbcirGroupForums.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a Internet Merchant ID from your bank you could check out www.protx.com. They are cheaper than all the main players out there including WorldPay.

SitePoint Evangelist Backlinker1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmmm Protx looks quite interesting. When my volume gets big enough to justify 20 a month I might look into that some more. Thanks for the info.

Does having an internet merchant ID with a bank cost in itself ?

Graham
    Regards. Graham
    Buy, Sell, Talk And Learn About Antique British Ceramics.
    Abcir.org -
    Ceramtique.com - AbcirGroupForums.co.uk