Hi

I've just installed FrontPage Server Extensions on my web server as I have a few users that have requested them - I go to test my configuration by publishing a frontpage web site.

File> Publish and I type the url I want to publish to, it prompts me for a username and password and it tried to connect... Then it asks me for my username and password - and again - and again.. keeps asking me.

Before you tell me I have the wrong usename and password, I don't I set them in Computer Management myself and I gave the author permissions for the web site I am publishing. I already trippled checked them.

I noticed that both my Web Server and Local Machine have a similiar entry in the Application log whenever I try and publish:

Event ID:1000 Source: FrontPage 4.0
Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:
Error updating 'C:\DOCUME~1\dave\LOCALS~1\Temp\FrontPageTempDir\_vti_inf.html' - didn't find the WebPost/FrontPage section

and on the web server:

Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:
Error updating 'D:\hosting\cli_sorted\fronpage3\_vti_inf.html' - didn't find the WebPost/FrontPage section

I've tried searching Microsoft for this and I find nothing relevant...

To check that I didn't do something stupid with my FrontPage SE installation I did the same with a local server - and that worked just fine, published without any problem whatsoever...

Any ideas?

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with my network settings? I have a NATP enabled router but I'm wondering if the Server extensions try to communicate back to my machine and get lost at my router, could this be a problem?

I dont have a dial-up or similiar facility available to test this theory..

Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Thanks

David