SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shopping cart software

Hi gang, I have spent a while looking over old posts about this but have been unable to find one that answers my question. I have 5 sites to build, they are actually done. I made them as templates via dreamweaver. Now I need to add a shopping cart to them. I was using a product called edatcat which in theory was great. I could build the sites as templates with dreamweaver and add their shortcuts to my static pages to call the dynamic info from the cart database. In operation I had many problems and absolutly piss poor customer service. I have waited a month now for help with the issues I am having and still no help. I built these sites with the expectation of using edatcat so now I have already built them and I need to find another cart like edatcat that will let me tie the cart into the existing site without having to completely redo all of my work customizing default templates. It can be any language but asp and I prefer one that requires little programing knowlege. I can do html, but dont know php etc. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
    Shane M

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.quickestore.com
    This one "requires little programing knowlege" and the customer service is good.
    2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, i neglected to mention my server wont run cf. So should have been no asp and no CF. Anyone used litecommerce in its add-on mode? Add-on mode is where you manually build your catalog and just add the links to the cart functions. I am curious as to how well this works. Looks like this is how I will have to do it. Mostly wondering if I can make the actual checkout pages look like the main pages eaisly.
    Shane M

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i am curious about something that just came to mind. Maybe some of you php guys can answer this. Is it possible to build a custom php cart that can use shortcuts that can be placed on any html page to list products from a database and place other basic cart functions in the same method? I am trying to be clear but I know nothing about php, let me try to give an example. You could use a shortcut like %product_category_items% placing the shortcut wherever I want the specific categories products to display from the database on the page. The same could go for the checkout process. Is this possible, or does it completely not make sense?
    Shane M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe litecommerce is pretty easy to use? Never used it.. You can try their demo and install it on your server for free for 30 days..

I use xcart, and I don't know php..
    did you read this thread

http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...?postid=987888

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes I read that one, i guess what I am really looking for is edatcat with some actual support. It is horrible to have a good product with no support to go along with it.
    Shane M

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wildboar, did you use their templates are were you able to import your existing templates somehow? That is basically what I need to do, import my templates for use in the cart system.
    Shane M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.illinoiswinecellar.com/shop/customer

100% me made!

I made my own templates.. it uses a system called smarty templates.. never used them before till now.. It just took a lot of work and figuring out what is what, a lot of reading the online manual, and reading posts after posts on the forum.

About the support you get 3 months worth of free support.. after that you have to pay or use the forum.. I'd actually rather use the forum and read other posts or post my own questions then ask for support..

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I sent the CEO of edatcat an email giving them 48 hours to help me fix my issues or I was disputing the charges to my credit card. I actually got a response from them within 30 minutes after that message. My cart seems to be working fine now. Turns out that the main install script I used was corrupted somehow and it only partially worked. Took them all of 5 minutes to tell me how to fix it. Wish they had done this a month ago, but at least it is fixed. If it continues to work with no further problems I may even use their product for my other projects, as I said edatcat is a really cool product they just need more support staff, evedentally they only have one guy to do support for them.
    Shane M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I thought edatcat was a bigger company then that.. guess not!