SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the topic "How old were you when you learnt..." and I saw that a lot of people had learnt a lot of languages over 5+ years.

I was wondering whether those people still remember languages that they learnt all those years ago. For example I learnt QBASIC when I was about 10 and now 6 years later I dont much about QBASIC at all. Is that the same for others.

Id like to learn as many languages as I can but if that means that Ill forget the languages as time goes by Id rather have a sound working knowledge of just ASP, PHP, MySQL, Javascript and C++ (and maybe Perl).

So all those people that have learnt languages over a long time do you still remember the languages that you learnt years ago?
    <Edited by isuru on 12-21-2000 at 12:56 AM>

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really remember Basic very well anymore. Also, as I'm using HTML less and less, I'm not quite as good in it as I have been.
    As long as you keep using the languages in question you won't forget that one - the only way I remember Visual Basic is by making silly programs every now and then. Otherwise I wouldn't be making anything in it and would forget it

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When i was a kid i had an Amstrad CPC 6128, and i used to type programs in Amstrad's version of Basic (a very good version), and type their most repetitive routines in Z80's ASM to speed up things, like the display in my home-made text-editor.
    Now i don't remember ASM at all, and i had a hard time when i wanted to play BASIC with my recently download CPC emulator, i couldn't remember the syntax.
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]