SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PHP manual bot bronze trophy Gaheris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I actually have already removed every header and footer part.
    2. The classes are no problem, could you provide me with a list?
    3. There should be a define called CONFIG_APP_ROWS, change the value.
    4. I don't quite get it.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I'm sorry. I didn't read very carefully. I saw one snippet of code, and assumed the headers were still there. My apologies. I am talking about the xml version, which would usually appear just under the doctype, inside the header. Should that be removed? I think that is what is causing the error message when I try to login to the admin section.

PHP Code:
    function display_Login($_data = array())
    {
        $login_code  = '';
        $login_code .= '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>';
        $login_code .= '    <a name="top"></a><h1>'.TITLE.'</h1>';
    2. Nevermind, I'll just change a few classes myself. Upon looking at the code further, it appears to be streamlined, so I can change the few classes that are left.

3. Found it.

4. What I'm referring to is a seperate table, that would have the original titles moved to it. But that may not be easy to do. I'll leave that up to you. If you have any other ideas, let me know.

I'm pretty much satisfied with it as it is now, save for that xml error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I'm sorry, I missed that line. Just delete it.
    2. Okay, If you have any question about it...
    3. Good.
    4. Yep, we'll see.
    5. Have you got any feedback yet?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the list displays, now that I removed the xml line. I am however, getting an error when I click on the admin link.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/joshuasp/public_html/widescreenadvocate/watchdog.php:2) in /home/joshuasp/public_html/widescreenadvocate/watchdog.php on line 904

Line 901-910

PHP Code:
        }
        break;
    case 
    'admin':

session_start();
        if (isset(
    $_SESSION['pwd'])) {
            if (
    $_SESSION['pwd'] == CONFIG_ADMIN_PWD) {

display_Page(nullDISPLAY_MANAGE);

//exit;

} else {

$_SESSION = array(); 
    The error appears, but there is still a space to type in the password. I type in the password, then I get this. I did create the log.txt file, but I did not chmod it.

Array ( [0] => edu [1] => acu [2] => network [3] => cacheflow_server ) Array ( [0] => cacheflow_server [1] => network [2] => acu [3] => edu )
    Warning: fopen(log.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/joshuasp/public_html/widescreenadvocate/watchdog.php on line 949

Line 948-956

PHP Code:
    if (!$err) {

$fp fopen(CONFIG_ADMIN_LOG'a+');

$err false;
                    if (
    $fp) {
                        if (
    flock($fpLOCK_EX)) {

fwrite($fp$line);

flock($fpLOCK_UN);

fclose($fp);
                        } else { 
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: isplay_messages() in /home/joshuasp/public_html/widescreenadvocate/watchdog.php on line 640

Line 636-642

PHP Code:
    $error_code  '';

$error_code .= '<h1>Fatal Error</h1>';

$error_code .= '<span>A fatal error occured, please contact a administrator</span>';

$error_code .= display_Messages($_data['msg']);

$error_code .= isplay_Messages($_data['msg']);
        echo 
    $error_code;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will look trough them. The problem with the session is that you're producing output before my script gets processed, the only way we could fix it would be to use output buffering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, your watchdog file should look like this. It should help getting rid of the 'Header already sent' error.

PHP Code:
    <?php
    // ob_start('ob_gandler');
    ob_start();
    ?>
    <!-- Your HTML goes here -->
    <?php

// The oar watchdog php code goes here
    ?>
    <!-- Your HTML goes here -->
    <?php
    ob_end_flush
    ();
    ?>
    I hacked a simple search feature, you might want to try it out, see the attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gaheris; Nov 9, 2003 at 09:10.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. That got rid of the first error. The other two errors still exist though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried chmodding the file, has it got permission to write? The second error is fixed in the update, but it takes time till they let my attachment apear.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chmoded the log.txt file to 666. The first part of the error went away. Now, I get this. I assume this would be different if I was logging in with a different ISP. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a feature, or an error.

Array ( [0] => edu [1] => acu [2] => network [3] => cacheflow_server ) Array ( [0] => cacheflow_server [1] => network [2] => acu [3] => edu )

Also, the first input box on the add dvd form is green, all the others are white. I'll try to take a look at the code to see why, but if you spot it first, let me know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Joshua Clinard; Nov 8, 2003 at 21:36.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I logged in from another computer, using a different ISP, and I didn't get the above message, so that seems to be taken care of.

I have come up with a better solution to remove titles from the list. Change the field "format" to "available". Then, when a title is released in OAR, I can change the info stored in that field to "Announced", or "Released". This is the option I will go with unless I get feedback otherwise. I figure it will be easier to implement than the other method.

I can change that info via MySQL, or we can incorporate an edit page, so that my other admin can change it if needed. I fear this will add too much to the filesize though, so don't build in that option unless it's managable.

Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you include links and other such tags within paragraph tags, so that my margins will be used. Table tags have thier own margins in the stylesheet. Also, if any links have a class, they can be removed. I have a default class for links.

That's all for now. I still can't see the attachment yet. Will test the search feature when I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attachment is available.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The search feature is great. The only thing I would like changed about that is to have radio buttons to select Studio, Title, or Year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took check boxes so that you could look up the keyword in several categories, but it might not be that usefull. I will try implementing the edit part tomorrow. Have you got any feedback yet, some new ideas, requests, critics?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we'll need any more features after the things I have already mentioned are finished. I think it will serve it's purpose very nicely. Thanks for writing all this for me. The one thing you missed, that I would still like, is for the sorting to be reversed. It should be a-z by default, not the other way around. I'll change the database structure so that "format" field is changed to "available". Other than that, it should be finished.
    Last edited by Joshua Clinard; Nov 10, 2003 at 18:26.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just playing around with the style a little more. Go ahead and keep the biglink refrences, and change biglinks to biglink. Also, would you add that style class to the page nav links as well. Please delete all other styes that you already haven't. Thanks.
    Last edited by Joshua Clinard; Nov 10, 2003 at 18:31.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to changing the format field, I'd like to remove the method field from the database and application completely. It's taking up to much room on the display results page, and is very hard to verify, without comparing film sources, or getting direct word from the filmakers, so I am just going to leave out that info.

Thanks.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, but have you had any time to work on this today? It's okay if you haven't, but I'd just like to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I had, I rewrote the search engine, it's now way more flexible.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Can't wait to see it.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you give me a quick update on how the other things I mentioned are coming? In other words, can you tell me which parts are not finished yet? Just so I am not waiting on pins and needles. Trying to be patient here. It's not you, I'm just really excited about this, as I've been wanting to update this list for a long time. I am glad it's finally about to happen. Thanks for everything. It's a great script so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for not updating for a while, as I told you I've been busy with school. Anyway, try this version out (attachment).

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the request available/delete function. It was a great idea.

I am getting a few errors with this version. When I load the main file, I get this:

SELECT dvd.id as did, dvd.title, studios.studio as studio, dvd.year, dvd.oar, studios.id sid, dvd.available as avail FROM dvd, studios WHERE auth = 1 AND dvd.studio = studios.id ORDER BY `title` asc LIMIT 0, 20
    And when I enter the admin section, this:

SELECT dvd.id as did, dvd.title, dvd.available as avail, dvd.oar, dvd.year, studios.studio AS studio, requests.id as rid, requests.type, requests.entry_id FROM dvd, studios, requests WHERE auth = 1 AND dvd.id = requests.entry_id AND dvd.studio = studios.id HAVING requests.type = 'available' OR requests.type = 'delete' ORDER BY `title` asc LIMIT 0, 20
    A few other notes:

I do not need the and/or operators for the search function. Please remove them, as they take up too much space. In this version, I had trouble locating the code that moves the search function below the main list. Would you mind changing that?

The count function adds 3 for each entry. Right now it has 2 entries, but it says 6.

Watchdog

Everything else looks great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the request available/delete function. It was a great idea.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
    I am getting a few errors with this version. When I load the main file, I get this:
    Yeah, sorry. I uploaded the 'debugging' version.
    I do not need the and/or operators for the search function. Please remove them, as they take up too much space.
    No problem, I took them out and changed the search method to 'or'.
    In this version, I had trouble locating the code that moves the search function below the main list. Would you mind changing that?
    Not at all.
    The count function adds 3 for each entry. Right now it has 2 entries, but it says 6.
    Corrected.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works great now. One thing I noticed when playing around with it is that you can request the same title to be available more than one time. If two people submit it, it will appear in the approval list multiple times. It's not that big of a deal, but would it be possible to have it check to see if it has already been submitted, and if so, say

"This has already been submitted to be made available" or "This has already been submitted for deletion" if that is the case.

Also, when you try to remove a request, it is not removed.

Other than that, everything works great now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.