SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had another idea. Would you add one more option to the request function. Change "Available to "Announced" and add one that says "Released". That way it will be easy to change if from one to the other.

I think it might look better, if there was a "request" button, along with three radio buttons, "Announced", "Released", and "Delete"

Thanks.
    Last edited by Joshua Clinard; Nov 19, 2003 at 21:24.

PHP manual bot bronze trophy Gaheris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I implemented your nice suggestion and changed to admin part to fit that kind of system. It is now IMHO nicer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I haven't got back to you. Been busy over the holidays and such. I'm back now. I played with it before I left, and it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaheris
    Okay, I implemented your nice suggestion and changed to admin part to fit that kind of system. It is now IMHO nicer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back. If you've got a question, just post.
    I played with it before I left, and it looks great.
    Good, glad you like it, hope it will help you.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a good deal of time with the script last week, and I was able to get it looking like I want, as far as styles and layout. It looks great, and works great too. I do have a couple of small changes I'd like to have made, and I would think that most of them would be simple html changes. I played around with it some, but couldn't find the the exact code needed to make things work like I want. You can check out the working script at http://www.widescreenadvocate.org/watchdog.php.

I would like to have the checkboxes moved to the left of the "title" field, on both the DVD list and the Manage Requests list in the admin section. With them being located to the far right of the list, it isn't clear what they are for.

I have put the introduction to the watchdog page into into the main_code function, so that when someone adds a DVD to the database, the thanks message is displayed on a page without the intro. The admin section, and the search results page are also displayed without that intro. That is a nice feature, but I would like to extend that to two other functions. When someone makes a request, it displays a message, but it is not displayed as a seperate page. Also, when someone adds a DVD to the database, if they fail to fill in a required field, an error message is displayed, but it is not displayed as a seperate page either. I would like these to work the same way that the others do.

I would also like to know how to make the OAR field a required field.

Please check the sorting method for the available field. It is not sorting by available, but by oar. There may be some other bugs, because I noticed a few words that seem to be mispelled, but can't tell for sure since I don't know PHP that well.

Thanks.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you find this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mentioned some other changes in the PM as well, could you list them all so that I have them all in one place?
    And could you attach the current (modified) code?

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to go back and re-read the PM because I forgot what else I had requested. I want to have default text appear in some of the form fields. As far as giving you the current code, I don't think it's a good idea, because I have made so many modifications it might confuse you, mostly because some of the code I commited caused errors, so you would just have to debug my code yourself, and I don't want to waste your time. Once you get the changes made, I'll just use a file comparison program to go back and make the changes I know I want, if that's alright with you.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have another idea. Can we make it so that there is some kind of new indicator for new entries to the database, that lasts for a certain time period? For example, 1 week.

Sorry I keep coming up with all these ideas.