SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver margins

Hi all. I'm trying to get the margins on this page to line up to the left with no white space. Look at this page http://www.hast.org.uk/hasdw/templates/main2.html and this is it created in frontpage
    http://www.hast.org.uk/index.html

The page uses a left,right botttom and head include files. I want to switch to Dreamweaver and get used to using that but I cant get the left and right columns ( which are left and right include files)to go tight to the left and right of the page removing the white space.

Can anyone advise please on how to do this in Dreamweaver

Cheers
    KC

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On or about line 27:
    "<table width="97%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="2">"
    Clear the align attribute, and fiddle with the percentage (100%?)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much that sorted it. But what do I have to do in the design view of dreamweaver to set this tight to the left and right. I dont want to have to edit the html each time.

Cheers
    KC

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the DW WYSIWYG is not exact. If you are viewing with invisible elements turned on (so you can see table borders and so on), try turning that off temporarily. (CTL-SHIFT-I) Hit that a second time to return to seeing invisible elelments.

If this is still not accurate, try previewing in a browser (F12 for primary, providing you've set that in preferences).

As for not editting each time, how do you mean? When inserting tables, or creating a page with 0 for margins?