SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 100% height problems...

A colleague of mine is struggling with a design he's mocking up. He has a table containing a centred Flash movie and then under that another table that is supposed to stretch to fill the rest of the screen that contains his content. I see no sensible reason why this shouldn't work. He's tried setting the height of the table to 100% with CSS and he's tried the (invalid) height="100%" attribute of the table itself. In IE6 it simply isn't working.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok. I sussed it. Create the same page in DW4 and it's fine. Create it in DW MX 2004 and it doesn't work. Why? Because 2004 puts the correct DOCTYPE in and flips IE in to standards mode. In standards mode IE will ignore the invalid table height instruction.

I told the developer to use a DIV instead. But he's lazy so he just removed the DOCTYPE...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg.harvey
    It's ok. I sussed it. Create the same page in DW4 and it's fine. Create it in DW MX 2004 and it doesn't work. Why? Because 2004 puts the correct DOCTYPE in and flips IE in to standards mode. In standards mode IE will ignore the invalid table height instruction.

I told the developer to use a DIV instead. But he's lazy so he just removed the DOCTYPE...
    To get 100% height set for a table or div in standards mode, you'd also have to set html and body to 100%. However, your problem then is that IE/Mac makes it about 180% instead of 100% for some reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhhhh! Like it. Thanks (again!) Vinnie.