SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of threads below about WPG bought up the fact that us Brits(and Non-US) have to do alot of manual checking - I'm sick of it, how about you?

Has anyone seen or developed a piece of software like WPG that concentrates on the UK search engines. I've got a list of 15 that I report on (and if you want it I'll email it to you). I'm only interested in the reporting side and something like WPG would be good - putting in multiple keyphrases, reporting on all UK search engines and maybe the option of adding/removing extra search engines.

If no-one has would anyone be able to create such a program as my boss has talked about getting this developed as so much time is wasted.
    USBtastic - UK Gadgets Blog
    SmartGeezer - UK Men's Clothing Blog
    Individualitee - Great Tshirts
    Shiola - Complete Waste of Time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copernic 2000 is a bit of meta-search software that can target UK engines. It's just a searcher, but it is very good. You can track results over time, filter out 404s, and target specific searches, e.g for films, multimedia, people etc.
    Well worth a look, but as I say it's a meta-searcher, not an advice-giver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We developed our own after the frustration of commercially available products. Runs as a web application and covers most of the major international and UK engines.

I've been considering offering it on a pay per use or subscription basis and would be interested in thoughts about what engines you'd want to cover and what customisation would be required (headers, footers, style sheets, etc)

A sample is here
    Simon Conroy,
    PPC Bid Management and ROI Tracking Solutions
    www.BidBuddy.co.uk www.ROIstats.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the report. The customisation is fine - we import our reports into Word anyway. How easy is it to add other search engines to it, e.g. UK PLus, UK Max, Spark Search, Euroseek and a few others?

If you could add others to your report (Maybe have a purely UK engine reporter) I'd be very interested and would definately use. Let me know.

Cheers.
    USBtastic - UK Gadgets Blog
    SmartGeezer - UK Men's Clothing Blog
    Individualitee - Great Tshirts
    Shiola - Complete Waste of Time