User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question floating table element?

Greetings:

I've got a lengthy table that contains information on various flowers and their bloom times and, for accessibility purposes, I would like to have some of the column headings and the footer element "float" as the user scrolls down the page. To better envision what I'm referring to please reference http://www.uberwebdesign.com/bloom_times.html. As you can see, it is rather vital that the month values are visible as the user scrolls down the page.

I could swear that I've heard or read of what is needed to accomplish this task but for whatever I'm unable to locate the reference materials and have unsuccessfully queried the Internet (it's tough to transform what I'm looking to accomplish into a search engine query as I'm not quite sure what the terminology is ).

Anyways, if anyone could provide a solution that doesn't use javascript or any html/xhtml/css trickery (i.e. non-compliant code) I'd be indebted. It feels like this could be accomplished via CSS but I couldn't find anything that fit the bill when I checked.

Many thanks in advance,

Jake Long
    Über Web Design & Consultation

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....'trickery' is kinda subjective, but....

http://www.ssi-developer.net/css/non...able-hdr.shtml
    ::: certified wild guess :::

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a pretty fly solution.

gratzi!