User Tag List

Thread: MVC framework?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MVC framework?

I'm looking for a decent MVC framework for PHP. I've narrowed it down to a few and I'd like anybody's thoughts on what they suggest. The three I've narrowed it down to are:

Any input would be nice. So far the only one that has some of the features I prefer such as filter chaining and built in security and validation is Mojavi.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mojoblue
    Any input would be nice. So far the only one that has some of the features I prefer such as filter chaining and built in security and validation is Mojavi.
    Mojavi all the way, I found phpMVC to be based to much on a Servlet framework, even downto the different XML configs, which I don't think suites PHP and complicates matters - Mojavi avoids this pitfall and is truly dynamic in both its implementation and lifecycle.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EXiL3
    Mojavi all the way, I found phpMVC to be based to much on a Servlet framework, even downto the different XML configs, which I don't think suites PHP and complicates matters - Mojavi avoids this pitfall and is truly dynamic in both its implementation and lifecycle.
    And what about mojavi vs phrame? You only compare it to php.mvc

By the way, I'll introduce myself. I'm an spaniard PHP developer, from Barcelona, and I'm trying to decide which framework I'll use on my next big PHP project.

I've been looking around the forums... and I see there has been much discussion, but: what is the best framework to get quickly used to, and begin being productive fast enough?

(Excuse my poor english)
    Antonienko

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... what is the best framework to get quickly used to ...
    Then forget about Phrame as this isn't an easy framework to pick up and develop with from what has been discussed in the Advanced Forums.

Also I've noticed with the documentation that it isn't easy to follow nor to develop from either;

PhpMVC looks a bit limited IMO though Mojavi may be an option no ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked at Mojavi and it looks good and fast enough.

There is also Ismo.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked also at Ismo though the download I had didn't have any of the base classes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As a result of this thread I've been looking at mojavi.
    It looks really good. I was probably one of the ones Dr. Livingston was talking about, in regards to having trouble getting started with phrame.
    Mojavi uses naming conventions for connecting actions and views as opposed to action mappings. Not sure if this makes it technically superior, or inferior, but it really seems to make more sense for an MVC framework newbie like me.

--ed