User Tag List

Thread: Using CC...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using CC...

I am making a website and e-commerce website to sell products online.
    But i need somekinda thing to charge CC or check Credit Card.....

I have gone thro authorize.net website and they require u to have a merchant account with one of their resellers and then use their gateway... But with them we have to pay

one that is safe and i can use my own shopping cart and everything it doesnt go to their site or anything like that...
    ALso i need it to be really cheap.....

-I also need a service that doesn't bill the customer right away after they fill in their CC info. I want it to be "pending" until I say the order can go through.
    - Another thing i need is to just check the customers info to see if their CC is valid or not. but not charge them.

also what are sites like ebay and amazon.com and big companies like buy.com are using??

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need a service that doens't bill right away, you will need to use a Virtual Terminal. This allows you to check if a product is in stock and then manually charge the customer's card...I can explain a little more but I am in a bit of a rush right now.

Cheers
    James
    -----
    james

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would need to do what is called a pre-auth. This would dedicate the amount to your company for a specified amount of time (which varies immensely per bank). And then as James said, you would go into your virtual terminal & post auth / complete the sale. You would hopefully do this within a week max. Some companies are longer but the longer you wait - this increases your chances of the bank releasing the money back to the customer. If you are interested - let me know or click on the link. We offer pre-auth & post-auth sales.

SitePoint Evangelist Backlinker1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Coley.
    Just had a look at your sig site. Very interesting.... very cheap....

Can you tell me
    a... how long you have been around for ?
    b... Whether you can do repeat billing ( ie annual membership fees. ?

Graham
    Regards. Graham
    Buy, Sell, Talk And Learn About Antique British Ceramics.
    Abcir.org -
    Ceramtique.com - AbcirGroupForums.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I work with Cardservice / Firstdata. (I knew Chuck - the founder of CSI & my roommate is Director of IT out there.) CSI has been around since 1988. I have been offering these merchant accounts for a little bit over a year.

An annual membership is a bit tricky. Visa/Mastercard do not like any repeat billing of more than 6 months, but I have been able to set up a few things in the past with some other options.

The only thing - since you are based in the UK - you would need an US bank account / address for the merchant account unfortunately. We have set those up as well. I do not know if that would be too much for you or not? I totally understand if so.

I think being in the UK - you are a little more limited on the processing? I was working with one company about a year ago to start something over there, but their financial backers changed their minds at the last moment.